1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screen Acting Crazy When Charging

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by wilkinsa12, Apr 13, 2010.

1. wilkinsa12

wilkinsa12 New Member

Okay. I just upgraded to the driod yesterday and was really excited. Then today while at work I hooked up my phone to my Verizon car charger (which the guy at the store said it would charge off of since it has the right fitting). Now when I put it on the charger the screen acts as if someone is using it. It has been pulling up apps and trying to buy things. After I take it off it acts fine. But while it is on the car charger is is just crazy. Can anyone give me some advise.

I am using the charger the store sells so I dont see why it wouldn't work.

Thanks for your help

:mad:
  2. BigDloftis

BigDloftis New Member

I had the same problem with mine, cause the wall charger has a very short cord I bought one that was longer. After that is when mine started acting up. I miss the simple phones lol
  3. dro

dro New Member

They sold you the wrong charger. There are tons of micro USB chargers out there, but if they do not put out the correct voltage, your Droid will go crazy. I would return it and order this one. I have two of them and they work flawlessly, are very high quality, and have a sweet blue led. They are going for $8 or $9 shipped on eBay. Be careful, there are a million "verizon" and "oem" chargers listed everywhere that will do this exact thing to your Droid. The OEM Moto Blue LED charger is tried and true.

That is really strange, is it the stock wall charger? I have two super cheap 6' extensions from China and they work flawlessly, along with a super expensive Alpine 8' extension that works just as well.

Edit: I misread your post BigD, thought you were using an extension with the stock charger. You are experiencing the same issue as the OP, your charger does not have the correct voltage output.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  4. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

although I agree that voltage varies by charger I'm not convinced that will cause the problem. I had this issue for a week using the charger cord that came in the motorola box for the phone. I was charging off the same laptop that I had been since owning the phone. At night I charge with the charger that came with the phone and a 6' cord and never had an issue. I've charged with a charger for another motorola phone as well as a battery pack that I bought for extended use on rides, and the car charger (the $30 one from Verizon) and all are fine. The amp output is different for each one and the stock on is the highest with 1A, while the others vary from 800mA to 950mA (though I've have yet to check the output of the laptop).

However, when the screen was acting up, it didn't matter what I plugged it in to (car, laptop, or wall) it acting up.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  5. CrashnBrn

CrashnBrn New Member

Any solution you found?
  6. samantham90

samantham90 New Member

I was having problems similiar to yours. I'm using the charger that came in the box with the phone and a car charger sold to me by Verizon. I had about 300 pictures on my phone and deleted all but 65 of them and now when my phone is charging it works perfectly. Not sure if it is a sure or permanent fix but its a fairly easy solution and worth a shot.
Search tags for this page

iphone 5 acts up when charging

iphone 5 acts weird when charging
iphone 5 acts weird when plugged in
iphone acting up while charging

iphone acts crazy when plugged in

iphone acts up when charging

iphone acts weird when charging
iphone crazy when charging
my droid acts crazy when plugged in
my iphone acts funny when charging
why does my iphone 5 act funny when charging