Won't connect/charge over USB

schillrw

Reaction score
My droid started acting up recently. When I plug it into to any computer (tried 3-4) now, it will only charge/connect when the power on the phone is turned off. I can only charge the phone with the AC charger or car charger. Does anyone have any ideas what could have caused this change?

bastosero

Reaction score
I got the same problem too. This happened when I updated the Motorola USB drivers on my computer. The last one was 4.2 and the latest one is 4.5. I uninstalled the 4.5 and put the 4.2 back for now until they fix it. Check if that's what you did.

OP
S

schillrw

Reaction score
I got the same problem too. This happened when I updated the Motorola USB drivers on my computer. The last one was 4.2 and the latest one is 4.5. I uninstalled the 4.5 and put the 4.2 back for now until they fix it. Check if that's what you did.

I am actually using a mac right now and there are no drivers available. It quit working on my mac the same day it quit working on my windows machine so I believe it must be something with the droid. I have also used different cables.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Cables and non-motorola chargers have been an issue before. Though your problem doesn't sound like those.

Have you rebooted the phone?

Good luck.

thatguychuck

Reaction score

Same here. However, if I put my phone in debug mode, the computer "see's" it again.

OP
S

schillrw

Reaction score
bump for new ideas.....

still having same issue