droid razr stopped responding

countryboy6823

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid razr
hello. my droid razr stopped responding and then the screen started turning green, then went completelly.i can hear it turn on but still green. it happened after taking a walk last summer during heatwave. had no pockets and listening to music a few hrs later upon returning home i noticed some moisture apparentlly from me sweating. can anyone help to fix it. my son died at birth 9 years ago. only pics of him are on the phone, so would mean tha world to me to get it repaired. thanks in advance.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hopefully your pics are on the SD card.. Otherwise I think they could be lost when the screen is fixed/replaced...i would search your area for a cell phone repair shop... They'd probably be cheaper than Motorola... But with Motorola you get a warranty.. And usually really good customer service...

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
First thing I would do, if you're sure it's turning on, is connect the phone to a computer and copy the pictures over to your PC. Then, I'd see about getting the screen repaired/replaced. Sounds to me like it's just an issue with the screen.

After that, I'd setup auto-backup of my pictures to Google+, Dropbox, Micorsoft OneDrive, or any number of other services. In fact, it's best to set up at least 2. Then, the chances of losing pictures that mean everything to you forever are a lot lower. Never rely on one device to save pictures that you want to keep forever.

OP
C

countryboy6823

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid razr
Hopefully your pics are on the SD card.. Otherwise I think they could be lost when the screen is fixed/replaced...i would search your area for a cell phone repair shop... They'd probably be cheaper than Motorola... But with Motorola you get a warranty.. And usually really good customer service...
i really wish i had a sd card for it. it was my first and only smartphone. didnt know anything about them, and the guy at the verizon store said it's notnecessary for one, boy was he wrong. wish i knew then what i do now.

OP
C

countryboy6823

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid razr
First thing I would do, if you're sure it's turning on, is connect the phone to a computer and copy the pictures over to your PC. Then, I'd see about getting the screen repaired/replaced. Sounds to me like it's just an issue with the screen.

After that, I'd setup auto-backup of my pictures to Google+, Dropbox, Micorsoft OneDrive, or any number of other services. In fact, it's best to set up at least 2. Then, the chances of losing pictures that mean everything to you forever are a lot lower. Never rely on one device to save pictures that you want to keep forever.
ty for the advice, i will give it a try.