Droid Razr Root/Flash

Rampant

Reaction score
I just got a Razr, and want to root it and remove all the bloat and put a new theme on. I've never done this before. Can anyone give me pointers on where to start? what is the latest/greatest/safest (won't brick the phone) method of doing this? Rom suggestions?

I'm totally new at this so I appreciate it.

akiles

Reaction score
To root: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ot-your-motorola-droid-razr-windows-only.html
To "unbloat": http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/182453-apps-safe-remove.html
They are long, but you will be doing yourself a favor by reading every single post in each thread.

Before you root, apply the update from verizon -save yourself the headache.
If you decide to " remove" the bloat, there are some options: rename the apks, use titanium backup, etc. Whatever you do, do not remove the apps: unfreeze them instead.
Be careful with freezing, you can brick your phone easily. Go easy on the apps...

OP
R

Rampant

Reaction score
what do you mean unfreeze? I already got one update I think? What is the latest official update?

OP
R

Rampant

Reaction score
ok, what does it mean to 'freeze' an app??

OP
R

Rampant

Reaction score
I have version 6.11.744.XT912.Verizon.en.US. How do I upgrade to the latest?

Edit: nevermind, duh. system update lol.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
ok, what does it mean to 'freeze' an app??
in TiBu you have the option to "freeze" an application meaning rendering it inoperable. It stays on the phone but cannot run. I would not delete or rename anything. Freezing is the best way to avoid any potential problems in the future.

The RAZR runs very lean as it is so the need to freeze a lot of the bloat is unnecessary. You don't use it it doesn't run . Plain and simple as that. Freezing it just feels good :)

OP
R

Rampant

Reaction score
ok, but I have to root the Razr to use Titanium backup yes? Any way to kill this stuff without risking the rooting of the phone?

jtsativa420

Reaction score
why can I never get a link on the page is work anymore?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I just tried the link I posted and the fastboot files link and both worked fine. If you are having problems with it I can upload to mega upload.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I just tried the link I posted and the fastboot files link and both worked fine. If you are having problems with it I can upload to mega upload.

Tonight perhaps? Seems lately, no links on the forums are working for me? Using tapatalk? They all just idle?

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Tonight perhaps? Seems lately, no links on the forums are working for me? Using tapatalk? They all just idle?

I have log me in remote access to my computer so I can start the upload now or you could try Droid forums. It's a free app and seems to work fine with links. It may be a tapatalk problem. Your call so let me know.

Swyped from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Will try that soon, thanks ... You are great for helping out mate,on the road ATM though.

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Will try that soon, thanks ... You are great for helping out mate,on the road ATM though.

Anytime. Let me know if I need to and I'll start the upload.

Swyped from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums.