Unvalidated Droid RAZR ... ?

kickasstimus

Reaction score
So, a former co-worker of mine was given a Verizon Droid RAZR as part of an employee plan. Not long after that, she (and a whole bunch of us) were fired.

She actually received the phone about two weeks after she was fired. By that time, Verizon had suspended her employee account but never asked her to return the RAZR. (no idea why)

Anyway, point is, the RAZR was never connected to Verizon's network and so the functionality is horribly limited as the first thing the phone does is try to connect to Verizon's network to validate itself.

Basically it's a brick; albeit a shiny new untouched brick.

Is there any way to circumvent this? root? hack? mod?

-KA

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If they don't want the phone back, the only thing you can do is activate it. No mod or hack will give you service. The best you could do now without activating it is using it as a WiFi device.

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
K

kickasstimus

Reaction score
The best you could do now without activating it is using it as a WiFi device.

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

That would be fine, but we can't even get that far. Any suggestions?

-KA

OP
K

kickasstimus

Reaction score
Also, she wants service, but not with Verizon ... too pricey. So, I suppose the real question is, can it be unlocked without being validated on a network first?

-KA

blackops1125

Reaction score
Also, she wants service, but not with Verizon ... too pricey. So, I suppose the real question is, can it be unlocked without being validated on a network first?

-KA

Her only option is to activate on Verizon with a new sim card.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2