droid RAZR maxx

epiik12

Reaction score
I just recently got this awesome phone. I just want to know what cool things can this phone do. Thanx

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wow, where do I start? It would probably be a shorter list of what it can't do...like the laundry! :biggrin:

Seriously, this phone takes everything I can throw at it and laughs. You can root and get even more functionality but there are many who say there is not any real reason to root as they feel it's the best Android phone out there and does everything they need it to running stock.

There are plenty of apps members will recommend that you should have so I'll leave that up to the rest of the forum members. Congratulations and I hope you enjoy your RAZR as much as my wife and I enjoy ours!
:biggrin:

OP
E

epiik12

Reaction score
Thank you. Can you tell me what root is?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Root is a process where bypassing certain restrictions on the phone gives you access to the "root" level of the internal memory and the power to change system files, and to flash (program) a new custom ROM (operating system memory) onto the phone. It is not something that a new phone owner should be concerned with, and as said before, many veterans of rooting of other phones have said they find no need to root the RAZR. Also rooting of the phone and changing of system files can result in permanently damaging the phone and making it completely inoperable.

If you want to learn more, go to Droid RAZR Hacks and spend time reading threads. Still, I say get used to the phone before jumping into uncharted waters.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I would have to agree with FoxKat, do not root the phone until you read all the pros and cons. I don't feel the Maxx needed to be rooted so I have kept mine stock.

Now on to what you would like the phone to do. Some people are more into games where others are more into the social thing and others are into music etc etc or a combo of things. if you can give us some ideas on the things you would like to do we can suggest some good apps for you :)

Welcome to The Maxx

ripper2860

Reaction score
Only reason I've rooted is to use Titanium Backup. Always nice to have apps AND app data and settings saved and able to restore in case I need to replace the phone or do a factory reset. If there was a way to do this without ROOT, I would not be rooted.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Rooting without knowing what you're doing, can lead to a bad experience. Sort of like trying to park your car on a light pole....not a good idea :p

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Root is a process where bypassing certain restrictions on the phone gives you access to the "root" level of the internal memory and the power to change system files, and to flash (program) a new custom ROM (operating system memory) onto the phone. It is not something that a new phone owner should be concerned with, and as said before, many veterans of rooting of other phones have said they find no need to root the RAZR. Also rooting of the phone and changing of system files can result in permanently damaging the phone and making it completely inoperable.

If you want to learn more, go to Droid RAZR Hacks and spend time reading threads. Still, I say get used to the phone before jumping into uncharted waters.

I fall directly in this camp. I've been with Android since it first came out, and the MAXX is the first Android phone I've had that I haven't felt the need to root. Everything just works.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
bsweetness said:
I fall directly in this camp. I've been with Android since it first came out, and the MAXX is the first Android phone I've had that I haven't felt the need to root. Everything just works.

Ditto! I loved rooting and romming my og droid but I have felt no need to with my Maxx!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Rooting without knowing what you're doing, can lead to a bad experience. Sort of like trying to park your car on a light pole....not a good idea :p

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

Trying to think of something to add ......

Nope that sums it up pretty well..

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

OP
E

epiik12

Reaction score
MysticalDreams said:
I would have to agree with FoxKat, do not root the phone until you read all the pros and cons. I don't feel the Maxx needed to be rooted so I have kept mine stock.

Now on to what you would like the phone to do. Some people are more into games where others are more into the social thing and others are into music etc etc or a combo of things. if you can give us some ideas on the things you would like to do we can suggest some good apps for you :)

Welcome to The Maxx

Well I would like apps that can keep me occupied. I guess you can say games. I just want to know every cool feature there is with the maxx. Plus I like the new system update but I had to download an app that doesn't waste my battery fast since this new update drains it