How powerful is the Razr Maxx?

cece5702

Reaction score
We all know this is more than just a phone so anyone care to share some of the things you've discovered the Maxx can do besides the basics?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

DocsDad

Reaction score
The basics cover a lot of ground :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
The basics cover a lot of ground :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

Okay! Let's include the basics. Mix it up a little.... Make it fun! :)

johnolenardo

Reaction score
My maxx seems good so far, i've been noticing a lot of scratches though..

Does anyone have a screen protector they'd recommend? Or if it's necessary but at this point it seems very...

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
[h=2]How powerful is the Razr Maxx?[/h]
Faster than a speeding bullet and more powerful than a locomotive...Oh sorry, that's me not my phone. My phone is almost that good.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
[h=2]How powerful is the Razr Maxx?[/h]
Faster than a speeding bullet and more powerful than a locomotive...Oh sorry, that's me not my phone. My phone is almost that good.

Hahahaha! :)

Zandar

Reaction score
Coolest thing I've done on Android is use it as a virtual dashboard for my car (speedometer, tachometer, boost gauge, reset cel, etc.). Torque app + OBDII Bluetooth sensor ftw!

A close second was using my RAZR while going out to chop a Christmas tree. I used the GPS (MyTracks app) to see where we'd been and I would mark locations on the map where there were trees we liked and take a photo of them. Pretty awesome way to not get lost and to not have to say, "where was that one tree that we saw 20 minutes ago that looked good?" Trees that you initially passed over as "not good enough" start to look better the longer you've been out in 15° weather.

I also use my Androids as ereader, camera, Bible, alarm clock, media player, communication (cell, text, im, VOIP, video chat, etc.), GPS (navigation, hiking, etc.), stargazing, real-time price comparisons while shopping, note taker, shopping lists, reminder, HIIT timer; tons of other stuff I can't even remember. Love Android!

Sliced from my RAZR

Rckymtn

Reaction score
Zander...which obdII Bluetooth are you using for torque?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mattman5000

Reaction score
Zander...which obdII Bluetooth are you using for torque?

I have this one: Q00925 | Search Results : Tmart.com

I've only used it a couple of times, but it works great with my Droid X and 99 Tahoe. I used it once just to test it when I got it, then later to check (and clear) a trouble code when the check engine light came on.

Rckymtn

Reaction score
Thanks for the link...doesn't seem like it's compatible with my car...it's obdII though

Zandar

Reaction score
I have the same one Mattman5000 has; works a treat in my WRX, but I have yet to try it in my Grand Caravan (just not as exciting). I will say I get poorer gas mileage when I use the Torque app, but that's just because I like to see the boost gauge do its thing. :icon_ lala:

Rckymtn

Reaction score
I have the same one Mattman5000 has; works a treat in my WRX, but I have yet to try it in my Grand Caravan (just not as exciting). I will say I get poorer gas mileage when I use the Torque app, but that's just because I like to see the boost gauge do its thing. :icon_ lala:

Thanks for the reply, your vehicle, at least year 2005 wrx's are on the "compatible" list. From my understanding, all obdII ports are the same, so this should work. Only reason I'm hesitant is i've heard a lot of bad reviews on many of these cheaper bluetooth devices. It's only $15 though, I think i'll take my chances.

Zandar

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, your vehicle, at least year 2005 wrx's are on the "compatible" list. From my understanding, all obdII ports are the same, so this should work. Only reason I'm hesitant is i've heard a lot of bad reviews on many of these cheaper bluetooth devices. It's only $15 though, I think i'll take my chances.

What kind of car do you have? I might be able to find you a compatible device.

Rckymtn

Reaction score
What kind of car do you have? I might be able to find you a compatible device.

08 bmw 3 series....I'm on a few car forums and that's where I heard the bad reviews from.

I just ordered the one you guys linked me...we'll see how it goes.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
My maxx seems good so far, i've been noticing a lot of scratches though..

Does anyone have a screen protector they'd recommend? Or if it's necessary but at this point it seems very...

That has NOT been my experience. I carry my Razr Maxx in my front right jean pocket with no protection. The glass used with the Razr Maxx is 'gorilla glass' with is famous for not being able to scratch. There are several YouTube videos that show car keys being used to scratch the glass with out any effect. If you really do have scratches on your screen I would sure take the phone back for a trade in or refund.