droid razr maxx hd roms

BostonDroid

Reaction score
Got this bad boy the day it came out and was wondering if there are any flash able Rom's available for it yet? I used to have the OG DROID which was a great phone but then I made a huge mistake and went to the iFail when it came out for verizon. I'm on this phone now and couldn't be happier... good to be back!

Last edited:

RaveD

Reaction score
Can you even flash a ROM on this phone given the locked bootloader?

I know it has been rooted but from what I have read, it is not possible to load a recovery.

I am not interested in alternate ROMs at this point but would really like to get Clockworkmod so I can use nandroid backup.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, there are no ROM's yet. The phone has been out for only a few days. We have root, and last I heard we now also have a recovery in the works. Once recovery is done devs will start building their ROMs.

Its still going to be a while folks.

And the unlocked bootloader just makes its easier, even with just root and a custom recovery we can still flash ROMs.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, there are no ROM's yet. The phone has been out for only a few days. We have root, and last I heard we now also have a recovery in the works. Once recovery is done devs will start building their ROMs.

Its still going to be a while folks.

And the unlocked bootloader just makes its easier, even with just root and a custom recovery we can still flash ROMs.

Is the recovery for the dev phone or for a bootstrap situation? (which I'm assuming us retail users will have to have)

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the recovery for the dev phone or for a bootstrap situation? (which I'm assuming us retail users will have to have)

not sure, have only heard a few murmurs here and there. All I know is a recovery is being worked on. I'm sure even if its on the dev phone, it will still help them understand the locked phone even better since it has the same innards system wise.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
not sure, have only heard a few murmurs here and there. All I know is a recovery is being worked on. I'm sure even if its on the dev phone, it will still help them understand the locked phone even better since it has the same innards system wise.

Very true! I'm hoping a leaked JB shows up soon, like on the M.

sent via Tapatalk on my Razr Maxx HD

Last edited: