Droid RAZR Case Review Thread

busab

Reaction score
I'd like to see a Incipio feather case for it. I really like their cases although it would need a built in kickstand

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

satarecah

Reaction score
Ok i own the otterbox defender (been a ottbox fanboy for years now love them!) they are great. Zagg is another good company for phone protection i have the full body on my phone with out the screen protecter it works great love it :) i have it on there so it 110% for trade in :)

SANhacker

Reaction score
I ordered the new case from TPU-CASES.COM, - All TPU Cases Shipped Free in the USA, it's like the soft case from Verizon, but it's thinner, much tighter fit and doesn't attract lint like the Verizon one. At least on my Bionic.

$9.90 shipped for the RAZR one and use coupon XDA for 10% off.

Thanks for this link. For $10 I said what the heck and ordered one. This thing is likely the last case I will ever use. Thin, tactile, flexible, light and very unobstructed. While I was considering going naked, this case is the next best thing. I also like the tighter fit when compared to others I have bought in the past. Thanks again. :biggrin:

NealJ777

Reaction score
Right now my Razr is naked, but I'd really like something to keep it on my belt. I've been sliding it into my pocket, but I get some heat build up. I want to vent it. :)

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
What's up guys. LONG TIME Howard Forums member here!! Anyway, I have 2 cases...the Otterbox Defender and the blue high gloss silicone I got from the Verizon store. I think the Otterbox is going back. Far too difficult to get in and out of the holster, plus it makes it very bulky. And honestly, in your hand, it feels kinda slippery. Not so with the high gloss silicone. I didn't try the regular silicone one they had. Seemed very flimsy. May need to try the Commuter or that other one, the one with holster and kickstand. Bur the Commuter hard shell looks like it would be slippery.

dmisc

Reaction score
I have the Otterbox Defender case as well. My phone feels very protected, but extremely bulky. I have to agree with Icyhot about it feeling slippery as well. I may have to return this one for a silicon one.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
^^^^ Get the blue high gloss silicone one (or black, if that's your choice)...looks great, feels great, easy to remove when needed...just a great case.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
I held the Otterbox Commuter in my hand at the store tonight and the hard plastic shell felt too slippery for my tastes.

wallyjaz

Reaction score
I got the Otterbox Defender because I needed a bulletproof phone, and it rocks. The only thing it doesn't do is come to me when I call it which would be great if they could work on that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

TNTIger62

Reaction score
I'm using the Otterbox Defender and after using it for a couple of weeks I'm relatively satisfied with it. I really just wanted a cover that gave a little protection while also giving a better grip on the phone because I felt like I was going to fling it across the room every time I pulled it out of my pocket. I had a body glove case on my old Droid and really wanted one for this phone but couldn't find it. Anyway, here are my quick thoughts:

Pros:
  • Very robust protection for the phone - probably overkill in this department for me because I'm pretty cautious anyway. Still, it's nice to know this phone is protected!
  • Good hand feel - not too slippery for me. Grip seems to improve with use.
  • All features of the phone function properly with the case on.
  • The phone is very secure in the holster. It would be difficult to accidentally dislodge the phone from the holster.
Cons:
  • The case adds a lot to the outside dimensions of the phone. Not a biggie for me because I bought the phone for other reasons but it does add to the size and eliminates that sleek look.
  • It is difficult to get used to the holster. It took me a while to get the hang of it and I'm still not very quick on the draw.
  • It's expensive - much more than the average case but I guess it's not average!
The bottom line - I'm keeping it although I'm still looking for something that has the same feel of my old Body Glove case. I might give that $10 case a try.
As others have said it is bulky and does add to the overall size of the phone.

Captmilk

Reaction score

todroid

Reaction score
i'm waiting for the Case-Mate Barely There case. Should be released on the 17 of January. That will be one thin case, if you look at the pictures of that model for other phones.

Captmilk

Reaction score
i'm waiting for the Case-Mate Barely There case. Should be released on the 17 of January. That will be one thin case, if you look at the pictures of that model for other phones.

Yeah that is exactly what I want. So are they making another color other than pink?