Droid RAZR Case Review Thread

Captmilk

Reaction score
Ok I got the Incipio Feather case today and it's pretty sweet. It gives back the sexy look of the naked phone. I can post a pic if anyone needs to see it compared to the VZW clip combo case.

cmorty72

Reaction score
Ok I got the Incipio Feather case today and it's pretty sweet. It gives back the sexy look of the naked phone. I can post a pic if anyone needs to see it compared to the VZW clip combo case.
That'd be great!
How sturdy is the case? I've had the Feather for both of my BB Storms (I and II), and had issues with them cracking along the edges.

Delray

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a case that only goes around the edge of the phone? I am thinking of a silicone or TPU material that would act like a bumper- encasing only the outer edge/perimeter of the phone with enough height to keep the glass front and kevlar back from making direct contact with a surface when laid flat?

sfierro

Reaction score
That'd be great!
How sturdy is the case? I've had the Feather for both of my BB Storms (I and II), and had issues with them cracking along the edges.

I had the feather for the bionic and it too had cracks after a couple weeks. Same with the second and third replacement they sent me. Great customer service but didn't make up for the faulty case design. If the feather didn't crack that would definitely be my case of choice.

The case I ended up with on my old bionic and now with my razr is the tpu case with the hard plastic back so you can see the moto logo and kevlar. I like it much better than the regular tpu cases on amazon. I found mine on eBay.

cmorty72

Reaction score
I had the feather for the bionic and it too had cracks after a couple weeks. Same with the second and third replacement they sent me. Great customer service but didn't make up for the faulty case design. If the feather didn't crack that would definitely be my case of choice.

The case I ended up with on my old bionic and now with my razr is the tpu case with the hard plastic back so you can see the moto logo and kevlar. I like it much better than the regular tpu cases on amazon. I found mine on eBay.
Been sporting the TPU offered from Verizon (glossy black). Been doing an outstanding job as well. My 4yr. old dropped my phone a couple of times, and my case did its job admirably. dancedroid

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Hey guys! Getting my Droid RAZR soon and have been looking for a case. I wish they had as many cases as they did for iPhones but oh well (I only mean that in the way of licensed cases such as NFL, MLB, etc.). I also would like to have a high quality screen protector on it as well. I like the look that the poster with the crossed design case had because I had the same case/holster combo with my LG Ally although it did break after a few really tough falls (Yes I know my own fault). It also had a tendency to slide out of the hip case quite easily. Information I thought you guys should know. I had the original screen protector on Ally for a long time but it did rip in a few places. Any info you guys have would be great!

P.S. If anyone can link me a good tutorial on how to apply screen protectors that would be great. I am super-OCD about bubbles and always seem to have them.

tc1

Reaction score
I picked up the Shell/Holster from Verizon, thought it would come in handy if I needed total protection of the screen if I'm out on a bike ride or hiking, etc... It was a little pricey @ $30, but I get 25% discount :) still pricey.

Very nice construction, doesn't add much bulk with just the cover, I like how the area for the power and volume are left blank and the top and bottom are exposed. It is a very secure fit, the kickstand feature is sweet for watching videos or desk clock. It had sort of a slippery feel to it when I first opened it, kind of like a silicone residue. I wiped it down and rubbed it aggressively against a towel to remove the residue...has a secure grip in hand.

It also fits in the car dock, so I don't have to take the case off when I jump in my truck! When you remove the plastic insert of the dock to use a case you will notice the phone is a little loose in the dock. I put a small piece of adhesive felt at the base of the dock to take up the space....It's black in color so doesn't look too ghetto and does the trick :) I'm only showing pictures of the case, not the shell w/belt clip.....left that out in my truck :icon_eek:

View attachment 42596View attachment 42597View attachment 42598View attachment 42599View attachment 42600

Nice... Picked one also after seeing this post.

I like this case a lot, gives the phone a better feel and I love the kickstand.

This case actually makes the razr better

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

bacchanal

Reaction score
I got the Speck case from the Verizon store, and LOVE it! It's black hard plastic, and has an awesome plaid cloth on the back. Easy to install, and seems to protect well. I also like the tight fit and large holes for cords, as some of our cables have larger ends. A bit pricey at $30 (minus my 25% discount) but totally worth it. I've never seen a hard case with cloth like this one, very original and feels awesome in my hand.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums