Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX to get Android 4.0/ICS Update Rollout Starting Today!

selectgt

Reaction score
Hard to argue that logic. i'm still waiting for my hover board as well.

Slammed97Chevy

Reaction score
One of my friends got it, he lives about 5 mins away from me. He got his RAZR about a month before I did. East Texas

Sent from my Droid RAZR, still on Gingerbread

philnolan3d

Reaction score
I did the same thing for myself and classmates. Since we're all CG artists I made a map of LA with all of the studios and apartment complexes marked. I also made it accessible to my classmates so that they could add to it.

Dissonance

Reaction score
Downloading now (central Iowa). Woot!

Edit: 95% downloaded and I can't touch the screen. I could, however, fry an egg on it!

devdeuce

Reaction score
Dissonance said:
Downloading now (central Iowa). Woot!

Edit: 95% downloaded and I can't touch the screen. I could, however, fry an egg on it!

Good to hear, first new report I've seen in a long while

Dissonance

Reaction score
Um...everything was going smoothly. Got to the "updating 1 of 120" part, watched it count all the way up, after 120 the phone did a short vibrate pulse, changed to "Starting applications" and seems to be stuck there. The "busy" circle has is frozen.

Should I hold the power button? Wait a few hours? Fling it at the wall? Dunk it in my Diet Pepsi?

At least the temp went back to normal when the download was finished. It got scary hot!

EDIT: I eventually popped the SIM card and.... nothing. When I popped the SD card the phone rebooted (fast) and everything is good.

I've played with ICS on my TouchPad, so I was ready for the look, but it runs a lot smoother and looks better than I had expected.

lincolnpondlover

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Verizon (called about problem with my daughter's phone) and asked the tech guy about the ICS update for my phone. He said if I have tried to get the update by going through the "about phone –check for update" on my phone and gotten the "your phone is up to date" message, then I need to wait a week or so and try it again. If I don't get it then, he said to wait another week and try again. He told me it could take another 2 –4 WEEKS before I see it. He also told me that instead of trying to search for an available update, I should wait for Verizon to push it to my phone.

I bought my Maxx for two reasons. Battery life and ICS. I've had my Maxx since the week it came out and absolutely love the battery life. But now I want my Ice Cream Sandwich too. :hail:

philnolan3d

Reaction score
I think I'll try checking manually all the same, I've had like 5 updates to my Android Devices and I think only once did I get the update because it was pushed to me.