Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX to get Android 4.0/ICS Update Rollout Starting Today!

poncedeleon

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Verizon (called about problem with my daughter's phone) and asked the tech guy about the ICS update for my phone. He said if I have tried to get the update by going through the "about phone –check for update" on my phone and gotten the "your phone is up to date" message, then I need to wait a week or so and try it again. If I don't get it then, he said to wait another week and try again. He told me it could take another 2 –4 WEEKS before I see it. He also told me that instead of trying to search for an available update, I should wait for Verizon to push it to my phone.

I bought my Maxx for two reasons. Battery life and ICS. I've had my Maxx since the week it came out and absolutely love the battery life. But now I want my Ice Cream Sandwich too. :hail:

ICS for the razr is in the middle of soak testing, which began on the 22nd; why verizon announced that it's available and rolling out without saying for soak testers only, is beyond me. So, you can expect ICS on your razr no later than a week. It's not going to take as long as the verizon rep said.

rpdonald

Reaction score
philnolan3d said:
Several people have said they recieved it without being in any soak test.

This is because they send it out to a bunch of random people too!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

mekanism

Reaction score
I'm surprised they don't roll this out based on date of purchase for the people waiting the longest.

Mek's Maxx

cdm369

Reaction score
mekanism said:
I'm surprised they don't roll this out based on date of purchase for the people waiting the longest.

Mek's Maxx

They can't because its based on region so they don't overload the servers. That's why they do it in batches.

jasonwuzthere

Reaction score
.....Has nobody figured out it's a soak test right now? LOL If you didn't sign up for the soak and you got it, someone probably typed in their ID wrong and it happened to be yours. The general public is supposed to start getting it tomorrow, the 27th, barring no complications.

devdeuce

Reaction score
jasonwuzthere said:
.....Has nobody figured out it's a soak test right now? LOL If you didn't sign up for the soak and you got it, someone probably typed in their ID wrong and it happened to be yours. The general public is supposed to start getting it tomorrow, the 27th, barring now complications.

Nope, first I've heard of it

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
We know it is a soak test. It also wasn't an accident for those who didn't sign up. They intentionally rolled it out to a certain number of people who didn't sign up.