DROID RAZR and GO apps

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Hey just wondering if any if you use any of the GO apps on your razr? I love all the apps they have but I know they use a large amount of memory and can slow down your phone. Just curious if they run better on the RAZR.

thegreatone3

Reaction score
I'm running Go Launcher Ex on my Razr and it runs smooth like butter. I haven't noticed any slowdown or battery drain when compared to the stock GB launcher.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hey just wondering if any if you use any of the GO apps on your razr? I love all the apps they have but I know they use a large amount of memory and can slow down your phone. Just curious if they run better on the RAZR.
I ran Go Launcher on my Razr for a couple of weeks and noticed it did eat up a lot more memory than the stock or other 3rd Party launchers like ADW EX. I didn't notice a slow down or anything like that...but it was pretty "fat". I have since gone with ADW EX.

Zandar

Reaction score
I use the launcher and locker as well as several widgets. Zero complaints.

Q

qoncept

I use Go SMS and had the dialer for a while. Both are pretty fat. I'll probably get rid of SMS eventually.

William_04_x

Reaction score
I've used GO Launcher for a couple of years now. Since the .181 update I've noticed that GO homescreen transitions are much smoother than before. For instance, when using the sphere effect (which used to be choppy), I can now hold the screen and roll the screen/effect up and down. This was never possible on my Maxx before. It feels like it's working faster now. Regardless, it's working better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

thegreatone3

Reaction score
Go updated their app a few days ago to make the scrolling transitions smoother. I noticed the change from their update rather than from the 181 Razr update.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I use Go Launcher Ex, Go Locker, Go Notifications, and GoSMS all with no problems what so ever. Yeah it uses some memory, but 30mb compared to the 1000mb we have seem insignificant.