Razr Maxx On The Way, Few Questions

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Hey everyone, have a Razr Maxx on the way, got bored with my iPhone 4.

Question though, any idea why they chose to go with a single LED flash on the Razr, however, a dual LED flash on the Bionic? It seems like most of the phones are starting to utilize a single LED flash versus dual.

The next question is for Corp Exchange users. I work for a large Corporation that does allow us to utilize the native mail client to access our Corporate e mail. With that said, however, due to the exchange policies, the phone is forced to encrypt the SD card. The only way around not having the SD card encrypted is to use TouchDown.

Is there anyway to utilize the native e mail client and have all e mail stored on the onboard memory, thus having the onboard memory encrypted and leaving the SD card alone.

Thanks in advance!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey everyone, have a Razr Maxx on the way, got bored with my iPhone 4.

Question though, any idea why they chose to go with a single LED flash on the Razr, however, a dual LED flash on the Bionic? It seems like most of the phones are starting to utilize a single LED flash versus dual.

The next question is for Corp Exchange users. I work for a large Corporation that does allow us to utilize the native mail client to access our Corporate e mail. With that said, however, due to the exchange policies, the phone is forced to encrypt the SD card. The only way around not having the SD card encrypted is to use TouchDown.

Is there anyway to utilize the native e mail client and have all e mail stored on the onboard memory, thus having the onboard memory encrypted and leaving the SD card alone.

Thanks in advance!

I questioned the same thing myself, but you have to consider that with newer LED technology, a higher resolution camera, and perhaps even better optics, light either comes at a lesser cost or is less important, or a combination of the two. Earlier phones used 2 LEDs to produce more light so that the noise level in the photos was below thresholds and focusing was less of an issue. With better sensors, a camera of today can get away with less light and produce comparably quiet photos with good contrast and good color saturation. Then there's the possibily that the LEDs on these phones put out more lumens per device so the need for two LEDs becomes less.

I am simply speculating but it's an interesting subject none the less.

I can't answer the corporate exchange email question so I'll leave that for someone else. ;)

OP
D

dieselpowered

Reaction score
I questioned the same thing myself, but you have to consider that with newer LED technology, a higher resolution camera, and perhaps even better optics, light either comes at a lesser cost or is less important, or a combination of the two. Earlier phones used 2 LEDs to produce more light so that the noise level in the photos was below thresholds and focusing was less of an issue. With better sensors, a camera of today can get away with less light and produce comparably quiet photos with good contrast and good color saturation. Then there's the possibily that the LEDs on these phones put out more lumens per device so the need for two LEDs becomes less.

I am simply speculating but it's an interesting subject none the less.

That is basically what I was thinking as well, thanks for taking the time :)