A few questions for the MAXX

emscapt47

Reaction score
Ok i have the RAZR MAXX and i got it today..

I know im in the RAZR forum but there was not much in the MAXX section....

Great phone im coming from a iphone 4s

ok so is there a way to turn off the led?

is there a way to change the txt tone for each one of my contacts?

And what do you folks think of the RAZR?

Thanks all...

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Don't know on the led but open the contact hit menu>options and you can set a ringtone... don't see a way to set a text tone individually. Perhaps an app in the market will have a way to do what you want.
Coming from an I phone you will find that is the way Android works... they give you the basics and let developers fine tune to individual needs. Most people don't want an individual text notification tone so it is not provided but guaranteed a developer has an app that will do and they are usually free or low cost.

Here you go... a quick search and I found this https://market.android.com/details?...sMSwyLDEsImNvbS5lbGVjdHJpY3BvY2tldC5yaW5nbyJd

ShadesOfGrey

Reaction score
Haven't seen anything on the LED or individual txt tones, but as far as how I like the phone? I love the phone. I have zero complaints. Everything works flawlessly even after tonights OTA update. It's just getting better - and I thought it was almost perfect to start with!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I am not sure on the LED either...but setting individual tones for SMS can be done with a replacement SMS app (Go SMS or Handcent) or the app Light Flow (which you might be able to use this to turn off LED)...

I love my Maxx (enjoyed my Razr too), no complaints here especially with the update!

Cinoib

Reaction score
Moved from the Bionic rooted and SqLite hacked to the Razr Maxx

Hi Folks! I'm in Phoenix AZ. I am not in an office at all. Everything I do is mobile.

The battery was at 20% by 2 PM. BUT..., it's like the first time you go scuba diving. You use an entire tank in no time because you don't know what you are doing. After a few dives, you learn how to pace yourself. Then you find that 72 cubic foot tank lasts much longer then it did in your initial dive(s).

The biggest mistake I made is getting a screen cover from the low budget store that I bought the Razr from. It's coming off tonight as soon as I can get to that store and cancel the contract that gives me a new screen protector anytime I want one. The reason it's a problem is that the Razr is not as bright as the Bionic. So the stupid screen protector (it has a matted kind of texture) exacerbates the screens weakness.

The phone loads apps quicker then the Bionic. I have not even looked at the smart actions software that helps one set rules for usage.

The absolute best thing about the phone is that it has a stronger battery with less weight then the Bionic with the "Extended Battery."

Right now, I am inclined to return the Razr Maxx and return to my Bionic until ICS shows up. I will say though, I got an update about noon today that took me from 6.11.784 to 6.12.173. Why couldn't I get the update on the Bionic that would take me from .893 to .902 (or at least .901)? Yes, it's rooted but i did get the ota from .886 to .893. And, it's not Cheesecaked.

So, we'll see... I do like the look and feel of the Razr Maxx. In doors, the screen is better then the bionic. Out of doors, it's still a little lacking but I hope that has more to do with the screen protector then the screen res (I know, the Bionic has a white pixel that makes it brighter...).

I will root the Maxx when I have completed an install OTA of ICS. Until then, I don't want to take a chance that I'd step out of line to get ICS with a leaked version of an OTA or something. I believe that when I can freeze apps on the Maxx with Titanium, I'll be much better off.