Droid problem =/

Anthem

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place for this or not, but hopefully someone can help.

I was driving and using the GPS and I got the low battery 15% warning. About 2 minutes later it just cut off. I saw it go black. I thought it was funny that it died so quickly, but I hoped that's all it was. Well, now after 10 minutes of charing it still won't turn back on.

My phone isn't "rooted" and I haven't really added that many apps to it. I'd had it less than a month. Any idea?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place for this or not, but hopefully someone can help.

I was driving and using the GPS and I got the low battery 15% warning. About 2 minutes later it just cut off. I saw it go black. I thought it was funny that it died so quickly, but I hoped that's all it was. Well, now after 10 minutes of charing it still won't turn back on.

My phone isn't "rooted" and I haven't really added that many apps to it. I'd had it less than a month. Any idea?

Wait a while longer. Be a bit more patient.

JCo352

Reaction score
Just let it keep charging, it will come back.

Edit: Hookbill beat me to it.

OP
A

Anthem

Reaction score
But it's been 15 minutes now.

This is ridiculous.

laakin

Reaction score

Can someone please explain what Rooting is?

thanks. I'm a droid newbie.

FireDroid

Reaction score
Are you using plug charger or usb charger off a computer? Mine died the other day at work so on the way home I tried to charge it using my usb in the car and it would not come on. Then when I get home I put it on the wall charger and after a couple minutes it booted right up with no problems!

Reaction score
unplug the charger from the wall or car socket and plug it back in. Sometimes when I plug my droid in in the car it does not start charging right away, only after I pull the charger from the socket and push it back does it start.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
If that doesn't work, try using a USB port on a computer. I had mine hosed up with low battery and the wall charger wouldn't work. Charging from an actual USB port did, though.

When charging from a wall socket, the phone will try to boot. While it's booting, it's not charging. When it finishes booting, it will start charging again. If you don't have enough charge to be able to boot, it can get stuck in a boot cycle. If you plug into a USB port (on a computer, not just a wall-wart adapter), the droid will remain OFF while charging until it has enough power to boot. It was able to boot without cycling this way, but it took a fair amount of time.

Lesson learned: when the battery gets low and turns itself off, don't bother trying to turn it back on until you have a charger - it may turn on again, but it might make things much worse.

Second lesson learned: use SetCPU to set profiles based on battery life. I set mine to clock down to 550 when the battery is less than 50%, and down to 400 when the battery is less than 20%. Those last few percentages are the vital difference between "can make a call" and "can't make a call", so I am very willing to put up with a laggy 400Mhz if it means my phone will work for an extra hour or more. I would really like to see an option to turn off data entirely below a certain battery threshold. I imagine that would help it last a lot longer - and below 20%, I really shouldn't be doing anything but using it for emergency purposes.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the extended battery and when it ran dry I plugged it into the multimedia dock. It came up and then went black. Then it rebooted again. This happened several times. I removed the multimedia dock (to eliminate the docked mode) and it continued the same off and on for a while. Then it charged.