Droid Pro - Screen illuminates but blank

hiaviator

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've searched through the forum but didn't see the issue that I'm having. My Droid Pro screen illuminates but it's a blank screen. Would this be considered a hardware issue with the screen or does it seem like I would have to do a system restore via computer since I cannot access anything on it.

Thanks

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a digitizer. Can you see the boot animation when you turn it on? Or is it just illuminated with nothing the whole time?

OP
H

hiaviator

Reaction score
It sounds like a digitizer. Can you see the boot animation when you turn it on? Or is it just illuminated with nothing the whole time?

Thanks for the quick reply. Absolutely nothing is on the screen when I pull the battery and power it up. I can tell the screen unlock still working because it vibrates when I swipe the unlock and I can still receive calls. It appears that the screen is on because it lights up but only lights up black if that makes sense.

Thanks

alesta

Reaction score
same problem - Motorola Pro boots up, receives calls etc - but black displey

Hey, I have the same problem: quite new phone (1day!), didn't let it fall down of anything, but all of a sudden it froze. Battery out + back inserted, apparently it boots and starts up properly, but I don't see anything.
The digitizer reacts to touching with vibrations, and I can even call my mobile number. But 'all dark'.
Any help? highly appreciated.
I tried to get into "the hidden menu" by pressing 'R'+'M', or 'X', when turning on, but didn't get any further. also, no Motorola logo etc. appears. darkness.
thanks,
alesta

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
I'd try an SBF flash, as it can't hurt anything. Might fix your problem, but it sounds like you've got a hardware issue.

alesta

Reaction score
I'd try an SBF flash, as it can't hurt anything. .
thanks for your quick reply! well, .. could you give me an additional hint as to where to find / how to perform this SBF flash please?
my phone is a Motorola Pro+, EUropean version (bought it in Spain, quertz)..
thanks a lot
alesta

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
thanks for your quick reply! well, .. could you give me an additional hint as to where to find / how to perform this SBF flash please?
my phone is a Motorola Pro+, EUropean version (bought it in Spain, quertz)..
thanks a lot
alesta

That's going to make your situation a little more difficult. I can't help with finding the SBF for that version. Sorry :(

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

alesta

Reaction score
That's going to make your situation a little more difficult. I can't help with finding the SBF for that version. Sorry :(

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

thanks anyway .. many greetings from Barcelona!