Droid Pictures from the Snowstorm (Staten Island, NY)

Hooblaim

Reaction score
Well its 5Mega Pixels and its better than mosts phones and I think its not that bad as a camera.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
true, could be worse... just don't like how the snow comes out as streaks...

imiller913

Reaction score
I don't know if this will help you but I changed the focus setting to infinity, and my pictures are better then before. But yours don't look to bad

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought mine came out ok today. It's better than my kodak 3.0 MP.

yours came out nice. i think my problem, was that the snow was falling when i was snapping pictures, so the camera had a difficulty focusing on these "moving" objects

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
Mine were taken at 1pm and on automatic settings. It was snowing but real light flakes.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple taken from my Droid the past couple of days. I really haven't used it all that much so not sure what are the optimal settings. At our local grocery store we were walking past the gas pumps and saw someone using an electric scooter from in the store and they were stuck. I didn't get a good picture of what the heck was going on but thought the overall picture quality was good. The other is a view down our street on Saturday.

Weis.jpg

Downthestreet.jpg

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
nice pictures, vulcan. anybody else snag good shots during the storm?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I planned on it here in Western MA but we got a pathetic inch or so... wasn't the storm I was anticipating :(

romeov

Reaction score
Lighting has everything to do with quality here... the quality difference in the nightime/daytime is astounding

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
true, could be worse... just don't like how the snow comes out as streaks...

they came out as streaks because the low light which in turn results in a slower shutter speed. which with this phone you cannot speed the shutter speed up.

yeah... too bad. for daytime shots, the phone works wonders... took some in Central Park a few weeks ago... but these here not so great