Where are my pictures??

jillyjack

Reaction score
Last week i took a picture with my new droid, looked in my gallery and it was not there. Looked about an hour later and there it was.
Two nights ago I took a pictue, immediately posted it to my wallaper, looked in my gallery and it was not there. The next morning it was. yesterday I took some pictures of books in a bookstore that i want to remember to buy. They are not in my gallery. Please help!

pyro6128

Reaction score
It's probably just taking the gallery a bit to read the appropriate folder and have the picture show up. If you have a file manager like astro or something, open it up and check your sd card. your pictures should be in the folder called DCIM. Once there, open the Camera folder, and any pictures you have taken with your camera will be there.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The Gallery has to scan the sdcard to see the pics.

There is an app that will force this but the name alludes me at the moment.

OP
J

jillyjack

Reaction score
thanks but...?

being a new smart phone user, that is a little over my head:blink: File manager? I don't have any apps yet except one. Is that an app?

warrior21

Reaction score
being a new smart phone user, that is a little over my head:blink: File manager? I don't have any apps yet except one. Is that an app?
You can download a file manager like Astro from the market. It gives you access to the files and folders on your sd card.

Last edited:
OP
J

jillyjack

Reaction score
is that necessary?

Shouldn't my phone just show me the pictures i have taken? t's supposed to be "smart"

warrior21

Reaction score
Shouldn't my phone just show me the pictures i have taken? t's supposed to be "smart"
Yes it should, I've have had zero issues when it comes to this. I know a handful of people on here have had problems with the new gallery. I ended up doing a factory reset after the update so that might be why I haven't had some of the issues I've been reading.

OP
J

jillyjack

Reaction score
Some showed up - 20 hours later

Some of the pictues i took yesterday just showed up in my gallery - about 18 hours later. When you have a digital camera,people want to see the pictures you have taken immediately, not wait 20 hours.

It just seems like i shouldn't have to download an app to do that.

warrior21

Reaction score
Astro is just a file manager so you can access the folder that has your pictures in it. The above poster probably suggested getting it so you can look in it and make sure the pictures were actually in there.

OP
J

jillyjack

Reaction score
one was wallpaper

one of the pictures i took, i put up as wallpaper so i knew it was in there somewhere, but it wasn't in my gallery until the next day. jsut seems wierd to me - like it should work without an app

warrior21

Reaction score
No app will help with the issue you are having. The only thing I can suggest if this is a constant problem is first trying a battery pull and if that doesn't work as a last resort you could do a factory reset.

OP
J

jillyjack

Reaction score
factory reset

Thanks Warrior. If i do a battery pull,will all the things in my phone remain the same? And if i have to do a reset, does that mean i will lose eveything?

warrior21

Reaction score
Thanks Warrior. If i do a battery pull,will all the things in my phone remain the same? And if i have to do a reset, does that mean i will lose eveything?
A battery pull won't bother you have on the phone. Just power the phone off and pull the battery for 30sec or so and then put it back in and power up again. It's kind of a long shot but it's definitely worth a try before you do a factory reset. The factory reset will wipe the whole phone and it will be just like it was when you opened the box. You will have to reactivate it and put in your gmail account again. The key is backing up all of your apps before you do this so you can re-install them back onto the phone. All your paid apps will still be in the market showing 'purchased' so they can be downloaded without repaying. I used astro to back up all my apps, but there are other programs that work well also.

plongson

Reaction score
The factory soft reset won't help the slow sync of gallery. I've done the reset after the OTA 2.1 to get Picasa to sync. That was a success, but gallery is sill problematic. Sometimes it sync's immediately, other times it needs to be opened and closed 2-3 times. Our other Driod is the same. Seems like a bug in gallery that needs some massaging...

ttocsm

Reaction score
I've had this problem too, after the 2.1 update. Very frustrating. I have to re-start my camera, and I can see them previewed there, but sometimes it takes days for them to go into the gallery.
I'm not syncing with Picasa eather. considering a factory reset, but hate to loose everything and have to spend the time to set it all up again. I was hopeing someone would find a better way to fix it, but nothing has been suggested yet.