Where are my pictures??

bristolcat

Reaction score
I have this problem too, and I did do a factory reset after the upgrade to 2.1. It seems to not show only my most recent photo, so if I want to see something I took, I quick take another picture and then the first one usually shows up. Annoying. I hate the new gallery.

eliassami5

Reaction score
one of the pictures i took, i put up as wallpaper so i knew it was in there somewhere, but it wasn't in my gallery until the next day. jsut seems wierd to me - like it should work without an app

it does work without an app...but some people experience different problems for different reasons, i personally have my pictures show up immediately after taking them. But others, like you, have had issues with the gallery. Only thing i can tell you is to try a factory reset and see if it works. You will need to download Astro file manager from the market to backup your apps. Go into your contacts and export them to your sd card so they are saved there as well as your gmail account. This will make setting up the phone after the reset MUCH MUCH quicker and easier. Good luck

Cowpoke

Reaction score
App called SDrescan. Works well when I take pictures.

I use this also.

For whatever reason the new gallery doesn't always scan the sd card automatically when you fire it up. So only the pics you had on there the last time it did its scan show up.

The SDrescan app rescans the sd card for you so that the gallery will display the latest images.

Its really stupid but it is the simplest and quickest work around I know of. The problem with the rescan is that it makes the gallery recreate all the thumbnails again which means it loads slow. This is probably why cooliris (the people who made the 2.1 gallery) did it this way. They wanted the gallery to seem very quick by not having to rescan the sd card every time. Google needs to work with cooliris so that the camera flips a flag any time it takes a pic, and the gallery checks that flag each time it loads. If the flag is not flipped then it will not do a rescan and the gallery will load quickly, if the flag is flipped then it rescans so that all the latest pics are shown.