Droid or Eris or wait for the Passion?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by FlyByNight, Nov 5, 2009.

1. modified

modified New Member

I'm still wondering what people think this question. So bump!
  2. cdaiscool

cdaiscool New Member

I'm thinking that I'm loving my Droid. The longer you wait, the longer you have until your next upgrade eligibility date.

If you consistently keep waiting, you'll never have to worry about your upgrade date. Once the Snapdragon chip is out a few months, someone will come out with a better chip. And that may be in the Droid 2, which, because I bought on Day 1, I'll be eligible for. Those who keep waiting for a RUMOR phone will have to wait a few more months.
  3. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

I just don't see why someone would wait. If you feel so absolutely sure that if a new phone will come out and you will be 100% satisfied when it comes out, sure, wait.

But in reality, there is no way to tell. These smartphones are so advanced now and do so many different things that they DO have glitches and there ARE issues with them. How many things come out and are perfect when released?

Also, if you keep waiting for something better, well, you will be waiting forever.

Finally, what is the deal breaker? Is there a specific thing that you are waiting for? I'm curious here.. becuase if there is something that is so drastically better coming out, I'd be upset because I don't want to go through the "iPhone envy" syndrome again. In all honesty I don't think I will have that feeling again because this thing rocks.

-Wil
  4. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

tough call... you may be waiting a few months before you see a "passion-style" phone on VZ
  5. cb2000a

cb2000a New Member

Jump in and get the Droid. It's a great phone. Yes the Google phone might come to Verizon in the future (It's basically the Dragon), but as pointed out before something better will come out about every six months the way things are going now. The Droid is fast and will (is for some who rooted) be faster with 2.1.