eris r droid

reese101

Reaction score
While looking around earlier to see if I could find the latest news on android 2.1 for the moto droid, and discovering yesterday that it was slowly being released to the Eris, I came across this site.
WCCFtech.com | Android 2.1 OTA Leaked
While it talks about the release of the 2.1 OS for the Eris, it also has a link to download the 2.1 OTA. I downloaded it to my computer in case it was taken down and to send to a friend who has an Eris. It says in the article "Looking at the build file, this could very well be used on Motorola Droid (Verizon), as a matter of fact, it could be of Moto Droid".
Has anyone tried this? I am a noob when it comes to android phones, or smartphones in general. I force updated my droid to 2.0.1 back in December because I didn't feel like waiting for Verizon getting around to me, but that update was optimized for the moto droid. The Eris has different hardware than the Droid, how much of a difference it makes between the two chipsets, etc. I do not know. Has anyone tried downloadin this to their moto droid? Or does anyone have any advice regarding this?

brianr0131

Reaction score
Won't work correctly the screen resolutions are WAY different for starters. Also, the hardware is completely different as well. Forget it.