Droid vs htc passion

gburns8635

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first off I want everyone to know I love this phone, but I'm really not as experienced as most of you are so its taking me a lot of time to figure it out. My question is if and when the HTC passion comes out will it be faster than the Droid?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
probably. nobody knows. there are a ton of "speculating" threads on the Passion. do a search for them.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes lots faster.... and when hover cars come out they'll be faster than cars now. Of course neither are confirmed :)

J-Buck

Reaction score
Yes. Technology is increasing at rapid rate so it will always get better. All that matters is that you like your Droid.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Will it be faster? Probably... Until you add HTC Sense to it... then... same speed and lower resolution with the Qualcomm processor which does not have the dedicated GPU... Just a little prognostication (and sarcarsm of course) :rolleyes:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nothing has gone thru FCC yet... no hard evidence... it's all speculation and hopes and dreams...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm not a fan of HTC's hardware at all. I wont get into detail as why but I don't expect the Passion to be anything other than just another device by HTC.

LordKastle

Reaction score
I have been saying this in multiple threads...but HTC produces B+ phones and will continue to do so (most likely).

They have been doing the same things for the past 2 years and have put out phones like there are flavors of candy and icecream. Sure, the "Passion" will be a fine piece of hardware but so what? If you want an iPhone replica, then go to AT&T and suck it up. Everything about the Passion resonates with the word "immitation."

Not that HTC can't turn the tables... but whats in it for them to make the Passion so dominant on whatever network they decide to put it on? They come out with 50 phones a year on various carriers.

That all being said...Motorola turned the tide dealing with their future. They were in last place amongst smartphone developers. Does HTC feel the pressure that Motorola did? Nope...that doesn't necessarily mean they won't put their heart and soul behind the Passion...but its not as likely. No one can predict the future though.

If it expands the Android marketplace while I have a Droid phone (for this generation anyway), then I hope its beneficial.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I know the Droid is underclocked from 600 Mhz down to 550 Mhz to save battery life and preveny overheating. How will they handle the 1 Ghz chip which is supposed to be in the Passion/Dragon? Will they need to severely underclock it or have they solved these problems somehow? Will be interesting to see.

pequeajim

Reaction score
I know the Droid is underclocked from 600 Mhz down to 550 Mhz to save battery life and preveny overheating. How will they handle the 1 Ghz chip which is supposed to be in the Passion/Dragon? Will they need to severely underclock it or have they solved these problems somehow? Will be interesting to see.

Not all chips are underclocked because they produce too much heat, or consume too much battery. It will be interesting, if this IS a real phone, to see what they do with it. Oh, and by the way, the vapor Passon IS supposed to render more polygons than any current phone in place, including the iPhone. I forget where I read that, but will dig it up for you guys.

Probably a reference to the HD2 which is a real phone.

Wes4386

Reaction score
Even if the specs on it are better I still would not want an HTC.