Droid Maxx Dock

OP
D

donzz

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean about that PDF file. All it says is that the Maxx is supported without the need of a special back shell, which is needed for the S4 for instance. That doesn't mean it won't work with your case.

I read that to mean it won't work through the holster. And, that is the same issue I have with the Griffin. (it won't work because the holster is too thick)

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I read that to mean it won't work through the holster. And, that is the same issue I have with the Griffin. (it won't work because the holster is too thick)

It charges fine through my TPU case. Qi charging uses electromagnetic induction so the case should not be an issue, unless it's thicker than 4 inches.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Man, that TYLT is freakin expensive. $70 isn't a little more, it's nearly double.

They gotta drop that price if they want to sell those things.

Sure but if you're like me and need a dock for every new phone, you've already saved money after the second phone. Qi charging is the standard going forward so there's no need to ever buy a new dock.

Trky

Reaction score
I'm going to just buy a cheap wireless charger and make a stand. The tylt is ridiculously expensive.

jfriend33

Reaction score
This whole M4DE for Motorola thing is interesting. You would think the mfr would, at the minimum, make car and desk docks, both with 3.5mm jacks, and at least one case. Its like since Google bought moto they said ah f it, somebody else can deal with that. Sigh.

Sent from my XT1080m using Droid Forums

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Just received an email offer for 10% off from TYLT this weekend only (9/27 - 29). Enter the Promo Code 10offtylt upon checkout. Coupon code applied before taxes. Too late for me but I hope this helps someone.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Just received an email offer for 10% off from TYLT this weekend only (9/27 - 29). Enter the Promo Code 10offtylt upon checkout. Coupon code applied before taxes. Too late for me but I hope this helps someone.

Just realized TYLT has jacked up the price to $100 on their website, so this "deal" is total crap. Please disregard.

cjj2d

Reaction score
anyone got a link for the car dock? or the display dock?

OP
D

donzz

Reaction score
I can't believe no one ever made a decent dock for this phone. I love this phone (still) but the lack of a decent dock will have me looking elsewhere for my next phone.

jfriend33

Reaction score
I can't believe no one ever made a decent dock for this phone. I love this phone (still) but the lack of a decent dock will have me looking elsewhere for my next phone.

You need to contact proclip.com and tell them you'd like a mount for the droid maxx. [email protected]

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk

redfishrun

Reaction score
I chatted with Pro-Clip and they didnt have one for the Maxx yet. However, i thought it was worth a try and after hitting the corners with a heat gun and some light bending the Pro-Clip holder for my Bionic holds the Maxx perfectly!

Attachments

• IMG_20131102_000050.jpg
    IMG_20131102_000050.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_20131102_000241.jpg
    IMG_20131102_000241.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 340

wtabke

Reaction score
I bought the Griffin dock with my MAXX but it was defective and would not charge the phone. Also, I did not like it compared to the Moto docks that I have purchased for all of my previous phones - so it was returned.

I ended up with the iBolt for the S3/S4 and it works quite well - ordered from Amazon.

I Dremel'd a hole and pressed in a magnet so that it will go into dock mode but depending on your launcher and dialer apps, maybe you could do without that.

The only thing I don't like is having to insert the dangling power cord - it was always integral to the Moto docks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk