Need Help With My Droid Maxx (Verizon) flashing (Unlocking) over to Metropcs (TMobile)

Robb E.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorolla Droid Maxx
Ok I been researching for the past 2 weeks on how (if possible) to use a Droid Maxx (Verizion) on MetroPCS (TMobile) carrier. And so far I keep slamming into walls!
undecided.png
Ive read threads after threads, Looked into sites after sites and it has left me more confused than ever. Now Im not dumber than a boot when it comes to smart phones and their technology but yet, Im not a whiz either! LOL So here it is:

Can a Droid Maxx be changed over to MetroPCS (Tmobile) and if so HOW?? Ive read that the Droid Maxx is already unlocked to begin with. Is this true? Also, I've noticed that the Maxx SIM card is a NANO SIM....So would I be able to find the same type of card that would work for METRO? And if Im able to make this switch, what features would I be risking not to work (if any)? Note:Keep it mind, for those that don't know, MetroPCS had merged over to Tmobile systems.

Someone, Please Help!! I would greatly appreciate it!

ajGoes

Reaction score
Just insert the new SIM card. If you can't get a nano SIM you can cut a micro SIM to fit. You may also have to sand the back to get it to fit, as nano cards are a little thinner. Google to find instructions.

You may also have to set the APN (access point name) to enable data. Google will find the settings for you.

OP
Robb E.

Robb E.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorolla Droid Maxx
Just insert the new SIM card. If you can't get a nano SIM you can cut a micro SIM to fit. You may also have to sand the back to get it to fit, as nano cards are a little thinner. Google to find instructions.

You may also have to set the APN (access point name) to enable data. Google will find the settings for you.

Didnt think i could do something like that (cut a sim card).... but I'll mos def look into it and Google the info.
Thank u

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
As long as you don't cut the gold contacts on the simcard you are fine. I cut mine to fit my phone. The best way I have found to do it is by placing the cutter on the floor, setting my simcard in it, and then gently using my foot to do the cutting. Those simcards are made out of some tough plastic and are easier for me to cut that way.

OP
Robb E.

Robb E.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorolla Droid Maxx
As long as you don't cut the gold contacts on the simcard you are fine. I cut mine to fit my phone. The best way I have found to do it is by placing the cutter on the floor, setting my simcard in it, and then gently using my foot to do the cutting. Those simcards are made out of some tough plastic and are easier for me to cut that way.

Thank you so much...Im so glad to hear that the process to switch the phone over to another carrier is not so tedious :D