droid maxx at non contract price? where?

night_train44

Reaction score
Where is the best place to pick up a droid maxx at the non contract price?I live in ca so non sales tax would be good. Verizon has it for $650 online, but I'd have to pay tax. Amazon had it for $660 and I could avoid tax by shipping to my sister's place, but today it's back to $700. Any suggestions?

BlackWS6LS1

Reaction score
Was just posted on Droid-Life how to order at full price from Verizon without changing your plan..

https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/

Instructions:

1. Visit Verizon’s iconic portal website.
2. Sign-in as an existing customer.
3. Choose “Devices without Wireless.”
4. Tap the “All Devices” button at the top to see their entire lineup.
5. Find the phone you’d like to buy and select the amount you want.
6. Press the “Continue” button.
7. Decide if you want to buy accessories, then click “Continue.”
8. Enter your billing info.
9. Confirm the total.
10. Confirm the order again.
11. Pay for your new phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Easiest/quickest way is to just walk into a verizon store and buy it at retail price.

Tas

Reaction score
Easiest/quickest way is to just walk into a verizon store and buy it at retail price.

I tried to do this a few times in NYC and they all told me that they couldn't sell the phone at full retail in the stores. They were only allowed to do contracts and contract pricing. I ended up calling them and ordering by phone.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
What a bunch off goof balls in NYC. I bought mine in a corporate Verizon store here in southern California.

Tas

Reaction score
What a bunch off goof balls in NYC. I bought mine in a corporate Verizon store here in southern California.

Goofballs is an understatement. Idiotic!! I literally had to ask them "So you don't wanna take my $700?" They were like no they can't. Morons.

And I went to 3 corporate stores and one authorized store. Had to do it over phone and ended up waiting 5 days to get the phone since I ordered on a Friday night. Do you know 5 days is like waiting a month for a new toy.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Goofballs is an understatement. Idiotic!! I literally had to ask them "So you don't wanna take my $700?" They were like no they can't. Morons.

And I went to 3 corporate stores and one authorized store. Had to do it over phone and ended up waiting 5 days to get the phone since I ordered on a Friday night. Do you know 5 days is like waiting a month for a new toy.

A month of Sundays sitting in church. I hear you. The thing that surprised me is that they didn't keep trying to stuff tiered data down my throat. "Keeping unlimited" "okay, don't blame you"

Sent from my XT1080 using Droid Forums