1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No Contract vs 1 year Contract vs 2 year Contract questions.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by AlphaDroid, Nov 14, 2009.

1. AlphaDroid

AlphaDroid New Member

Here is what I understand, correct me if I am wrong.

This would be a California purchase on a Motorola Droid. I have the option of buying in a CA Verizon or other stores and paying 9.75% tax or buying online outside of CA and no tax. I do not need the phone immediately and can wait for the shipping.

Option 1: If you buy a Droid from VZW store with "No Contract", they charge you $560 plus tax at 9.75% ($54.50 in CA). So you are paying roughly $613 for the phone and there is no 1 or 2 year contact.

Option 2: If you buy a Droid from VZW store with a 1 year contract, they charge you $270 plus tax at 9.75% (in Ca) at the $559 price. So you are paying roughly $325. If you cancel early, you will pay a fine of $350 effective Nov 15, 09.

Option 3: If you buy a Droid from VZW store with a 2 year contract, they charge you $200 plus tax at 9.75% (in Ca) at the $559 price. So you are paying roughly $255. If you cancel early, you will pay a fine of $350 effective Nov 15, 09.

I would probably keep the phone for at least 1 year. Does option 1 sound better? Who wants to be locked up with a 2 year contract when these devices seem to change every year?

The new $350 early cancellation price is horrible.

Can anyone give me some ideas on what is really the best option to purchase?

Thankyou.

Source link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  2. Squidpoker

Squidpoker New Member

I would say the 1 year contract is the best option. It's only 1 year that you'll be stuck with it, which isn't that long. Buy it online For around $270, 1 year pricing is usually $70 more than the 2 year.
  3. 88Droid

88Droid New Member

also know with the new ETF that for every month you fulfill and commit to your contract $10 is deducted from the over-all charge of $350.00... so if u were to jump ship come this time next year u'd be paying $230, not $350
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  4. HarlyFan

HarlyFan New Member

Good to know!!!
  5. kpiskin

kpiskin New Member

I only had to pay $230 for a one year contract, no brainer to me. Much less expensive than trying to buy yourself out of a contract half way through. Gives you more flexibility down the road.
  6. bacalao

bacalao New Member

I went with option one personally. I'm coming off a storm1 and didn't have enough months under my belt for an upgrade price. Also, my new-every-two is due for next August, close to a year ahead (just in time for a chance to upgrade with that extra $100). Bought the phone online, $530.
    Soon as it shipped, I read about people receiving early upgrade offers, and some people just opening another line on their account..
    I thought, man, I just made an impulse buy... While I was waiting for my main woman in the mall, went in vz store and played with my future toy and have no regrets!
Search tags for this page
2 year contract or no contract
2 yr contract vs no contract with verizon
2 year contract phone and no contract price differnce

2 year contat vs no contract

2 year contract vs edge
2 year contract vs no contract
is two year contract vs no contract
verizon edge contract price vs 2-year contract
verizon edge contract vs verizon 2-yr contract
verizon edge vs 2year contract