Droid marketplace's dirty little secret

bje1982

Reaction score
honestly, i haven't had any problems with any apps messing up my phone. I prob have tried out about 40 different apps. Some are awesome and some are just plain horrible. If you look at the ratings and user comments, usually someone has already dled it and reviewed it. But I haven't really had any problems myself.

One thing I will say... I have an iPod Touch, and the apple apps are def better than the android apps. But thats just because the iTunes apps have been around for years and the Android apps have been around for months. In time this will even out.

Actually Android has been around for years not months.. Just because nobody has heard of it til it came to Verizon doesnt mean its new. I think alot of people that prefer the Iphone over Android dont really know anything about Android.

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
the only real prob ive had with my phone is that EVERY time i boot it up or connect it via usb to my pc it will give me a message that the sd card could not be detected and some apps cant run normally...does anybody know if this could be cuz of 2.1 or just an app i might have?? srry didnt mean to steal the thread topic but its been bothering me and i dont know the cause. i use to have trouble removing my sd card and putting it back in so i hope i didnt screw it up..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nmos

Reaction score
the only real prob ive had with my phone is that EVERY time i boot it up or connect it via usb to my pc it will give me a message that the sd card could not be detected and some apps cant run normally...does anybody know if this could be cuz of 2.1 or just an app i might have??

Well, Is it in fact getting mounted? Can you see the contents of your /sdcard folder with your favourite file manager/terminal after boot up and when you're NOT plugged into your PC?

txmdrums

Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been said or not.

I had the same problem as you - until I wised up and did more research and experimentation. I had to do two system wipes because my phone wouldn't load any processes after being powered off and back on. However, it wasn't the applications that were causing the problem... it was the memory.

I've had no such problem with 2.1, but when 1.5 was out, you had to make sure that 40-50 mb of space was left on the phone's hard drive. If there wasn't 40-50 mb of available space, the android OS couldn't load vital features in the background, since free hard drive space was utilized by the OS. This became a problem because it limited the amount of apps you could download before your phone would become useless (unable to receive any signals).

Maybe this was your problem. Maybe it wasn't. I just thought I'd throw it out there though. It may be necessary to watch how much space your apps are taking up.