DROID Hints: Don't be scared of the Marketplace!

Silver Member
Reaction score
I welcome everyone to the DROID forums as best as I can, but I see the same questions regarding which apps are best and they continaullly pop up across different forums.

Well, I'm here to hold your hand and tell you to not be afraid of the Marketplace! If you have an idea for something that you want to do on your DROID, simply search the Marketplace for related keyword and check out your results.

Other people who have downloaded apps are generally kind enough to leave the right kind of feedback to steer you in the direction of which app may be best for you.

And don't forget, if you're not sure about an app, you can always uninstall it. Even paid apps can be installed for a full refund within the first 24hrs. The process is automatic (once you've uninstalled the app) and generally painless.

Sometimes you might have a problem uninstalling an app cleanly. You may even get an error that says the uninstall failed. DON'T WORRY! It's possible to recover during this process.

1. Always try to force close and clear cache/data of any app that you're about to uninstall, before uninstalling.

2. If you uninstall an app and it says that it failed, I recommend rebooting your phone, reinstalling the app and then uninstall it again, without opening it.

Sometimes rebooting after a failed installation will take care of the issue, but if you want to be safe, follow those steps above.

SirSyeco

Reaction score
While I do agree that users should experiment on there on, my own personal experiences have been that I get alot more from asking around.

Sometimes I don't exactly know what I'm looking for, but users can help recommend things.

Or,

I find something that works, then to later find out that there was something just a *little* better that I should have been using the whole time.

Not to mention that the Market isn't as user friendly as the forums. :) :icon_ banana:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I welcome everyone to the DROID forums as best as I can, but I see the same questions regarding which apps are best and they continaullly pop up across different forums.
I'm the type that favors first-hand experience so I'll generally just try out stuff myself and recommend that others do the same. I can certainly see how someone might not even know where to start or might be overwhelmed by the choices and is looking for some suggestions.

However, if you are going to ask "which is best?" then, please qualify what you mean. Not everyone selects an app as best for the same reasons as everyone else.

Zippster

Reaction score
I continually scan the marketplace sorting by Free first then moving on to paid, read the reviews thoroughly and then take them with a grain of salt and average them out, some reviewers were just born to hate everything. :icon_eek: