New Android Marketplace Problems!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by wdcspurs, Jul 19, 2011.

1. wdcspurs

wdcspurs New Member

I recently update my Android Marketplace to the newest version that is slowly being rolled out. I dont have it in front of me for the version #. Therer is a link at the bottom just to be clear what I am talking about. The problem I ran into is that under the my apps tab inside the marketplace, it only lists youtube and google maps, both of which were preloaded anyways. So basically I cant update any apps. I uninstalled to the earlier version stock with Gingerbread, and the same issue, except if I turn off the phone and back on, it has fixed it usually. anyone know of a fix to the issue? I like the new interface and setup, but I would also like to keep my apps updated.

Google updating Android Market for US phones to include books and movie rentals | Android Central
  2. Kasey Krehbiel

Kasey Krehbiel New Member

Go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications, select the Market and do a Clear Data on it. See if that helps.
  3. mjmundt

mjmundt New Member

I actually have exactly the same problem, except in my case marketplace/my downloads shows two more apps which I had previously but uninstalled later on, in addition to Google & Youtube. K tried following your suggestion and clearing the marketplace application data from settings/applications/manage applications, but it did nothing. Seems like it is a problem, since I often do not get application upgrade prompts unless I go to my downloads via marketplace application and scroll down my downloads list to see if the upgrades are available.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums