Motorola Droid - marketplace question

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by J.., Aug 25, 2010.

1. J..

J.. New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I am new to this forum, but have had a droid for about a year and really like the power and features.

Unfortunately about a month ago my phone was damaged and I had to buy a replacement. (no warentee) I got a used phone and it works great except for one thing. The problem is that my new used droid does not have the marketplace application installed.

Thus I can not install any apps. I realize this is probably not an issue for most people on here, but I am not a programmer. I think my new phone may already be rooted (by previous owner), but to be honest I am not really even sure what that means, let alone how to utilize this to reactivate the marketplace.

No apps means this phone is not very useful. Anyone have any simple suggestions?

thanks,

J

2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Welcome! Sorry you are having an issue with the market. I believe there is a market apk that you can load. I Googled market apk - Google Search. I'm moving your post to the technical issues section.

Mike

3. xkape

xkape Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Perhaps this used phone is not stock. If it has a custom ROM on it, you may not see anything Google. Market, Voice, Gtalk, etc...

If that is the case, there is more than likely a patch forr google apps for your ROM. If you want a stock phone, you can do that too and they will come back.

If you want to see if you have a ROM and which one, hit the menu button and go to settings>About Phone