DROID Incredible to Receive OTA Update Adding 720p and Mobile Hotspot

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
After getting to sleep for a few hours, had me thinking, whats the point of this update now? Why not just wait for Froyo? Why a special update?

froyo is not likely close to being ready, but these few tweaks are. so, my argument would be, why not push what you have ready now?

i do hope it includes reception and battery improvements, as these have been SUBPAR in my experience with the DI

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After getting to sleep for a few hours, had me thinking, whats the point of this update now? Why not just wait for Froyo? Why a special update?

Well there is a battery fix and receptin issue that needs to be fixed. Froyo isn't reeady and HTC has told VZW and Some others there is a pending release coming.......I will update the when and release notes as they bocome available

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Well there is a battery fix and receptin issue that needs to be fixed. Froyo isn't reeady and HTC has told VZW and Some others there is a pending release coming.......I will update the when and release notes as they bocome available
I, being all about conspiracies, suspect it'll close the root hole..

zMd113

Reaction score
EXCITING!!!!!
I can't wait for this! This is gonna' be boss! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

hoosierjoe

Reaction score
Droid Getting Hot While Charging/Not Fully Charging

I've had this happen twice in the last 10 days or so. I plug my phone in to charge overnight (usually 7-8 hours). When I wake up, the phone is really hot on the back and has not fully charged (usually around 50%-60%). This is actually hotter than what I usually experience when using something like Pandora. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm assuming there is an app or widget that is causing this, but I can't pinpoint what it may be. I am running the following:

2.1 stock
ADW Launcher
Beautiful Widgets
News/Weather Widget
Last.fm Widget
Agenda Widget
MLB At Bat Widget
ESPN ScoreCenter Widget
Twitter for Android Widget

Thanks...

zMd113

Reaction score
The back of my Droid can get really hot as well, but only if I'm using it for long periods of time. By the way it should only take 4hrs to fully charge it says so on one of those tags on the usb cable itself.
Based on the list of apps your running I'm betting most all of them you didn't close. Also since the Incredible can multitask that means if your playing a game and you answer a phone call the game pauses or continues without you knowing it. So you may not even continue playing the game but it's still running.
Multitasking also heats the back of it very quickly which is also a byproduct not closing down apps all the way.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had this happen twice in the last 10 days or so. I plug my phone in to charge overnight (usually 7-8 hours). When I wake up, the phone is really hot on the back and has not fully charged (usually around 50%-60%). This is actually hotter than what I usually experience when using something like Pandora. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm assuming there is an app or widget that is causing this, but I can't pinpoint what it may be. I am running the following:

2.1 stock
ADW Launcher
Beautiful Widgets
News/Weather Widget
Last.fm Widget
Agenda Widget
MLB At Bat Widget
ESPN ScoreCenter Widget
Twitter for Android Widget

Thanks...

What does that have to do with the Droid Incredible getting this update? Your info says you have the Motorola Droid...

zMd113

Reaction score
He's a newbie who doesn't know where to post I guess. These forums couldn't be marked any better.

hydro556

Reaction score
My reception and battery life were already good.
Well good for fricken you!! But now they're going to be great XD

HaHa, LOL. Didnt mean anything bad brother, was just pointing out that not all Incredibles suffer poor battery life or reception. Mine has been excellent, but I got the VZW extended batt anyway.

Are you one of those internet commandos? LOL

hydro556

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can read more on this? I am very interested in the HD.