Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
DROID Incredible to Receive OTA Update Adding 720p and Mobile Hotspot

On 07.01.10, In News, by Kellex

Droid Incredible owners, prepare yourselves to become upgraded. According to our sources, an OTA update is readying for deployment to the DI which will add some much needed features that were missing during the device’s initial launch. Can you say 720p recording? Mobile hotspot feature? The Droid Red Eye boot animation it should have always had? Yep. All of that is on the way.

The photo proof above is from a DI owner with a test model that has already received the update. He’s also provided video of the new boot animation…

[video=youtube;lpPXVng_gKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpPXVng_gKg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Like I said, his video and photos are 100% legit. While I wish I had a date for you, at this time I can only confirm that it is indeed real. Not a rumor people.

And we’ll be digging for more info…

Who’s switching their Droid X order back to the Incredible?

droid-life.com

Last edited:

djrakun

Reaction score
Great. Can someone post the update.zip when they get it, and can someone rip out the hotspot app so we can get it in some droid roms (do not flame me about why I should just use wifi tether. I don't feel like explaining why ad-hoc doesn't work for me again)

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
Would we be able to get the 720 ported (not sure if thats how it would go) to the regular droid?

hydro556

Reaction score
That is amazing news. Will the 720P work on the camcorder as well?

Forgive me if that is a stupid question, I just dont know.

enkryptik

Reaction score
yeah droid only having ad-hoc is a shame but it works for me when I need it. Infrastructure tends to be a lot more compatible with certain devices though.

mach330

Reaction score
oh dayam..can't wait for this. so this will come before froyo?

Guchi

Reaction score
would be sweet if this is froyo!!!

Jamar

Reaction score
Silly question, but why does the DI in this video have the HTC logo above the screen and not Verizon's like mine?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Silly question, but why does the DI in this video have the HTC logo above the screen and not Verizon's like mine?

Most likely a test unit.......

i knew about the upgrade coming..I also look for improved battery life and better reception with this update......I am reasonably sure this isn't Froyo but a scheduled patch...call it 2.1 update 2 ......

hydro556

Reaction score
My reception and battery life were already good.

720p and a hotspot will be cool. Wonder when?

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
After getting to sleep for a few hours, had me thinking, whats the point of this update now? Why not just wait for Froyo? Why a special update?