Droid Incredible Pre-Orders Begin April 19th

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
I don't like the look of the HTC phones too much they all look the same...

*DROID ERIS AND HERO* COUGH (and nexus one)

I love my droid... the one, the only :motdroidvert:

now if verizon will pull their heads out of their asses and reactivate my extended warranty that they canceled for no reason

mjs31

Reaction score
These comments are funny. Same thing when the Droid was announced. Man, box shaped fugly phone LMAO...how peoples impressions vary. The Droid really did take a beating on its looks and weight, but it is funny how performance changes all that and how the "bandwagon" brought so many nay sayers over to our side LMAO. Performance is what I will go by when I decide on this phone or not. Love my Droid since day 1, but just don't use the physical keyboard. If we all bought phones purely on looks and sleekness we really wouldn't have this forum.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
When I first saw the photo I thought it had the old-skool IRDA sensor at the top. While most new PDAs and Smartphones have abandoned IRDA it would have been cool to see an android device with IRDA if for no other reason than to have a universal remote app. My old hx4705 has an IRDA and I use UltraMote with it to control tons of devices. I think there's a company that makes a device that receives bluetooth signals and converts them into IRDA thus allowing any bluetooth enabled device that can run the software to be used as a universal remote :). Maybe the newer bluray/dvd/entertainment systems should accept both IRDA and blutooth signals natively.

madmacabre

Reaction score
Man, I just got my droid in the mail yesterday, I think Ill keep it though, I prefer a sturdy phone over a plastic one, and I actually use the keyboard. The processor specs does have me envious though.

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
Man, I just got my droid in the mail yesterday, I think Ill keep it though, I prefer a sturdy phone over a plastic one, and I actually use the keyboard. The processor specs does have me envious though.

if you root the phone and install a custom rom you can get up to 1.3 ghz. I want to root but im just afraid of the consequences... says the person that modded his PSP and Xbox...

rut3556

Reaction score
>>if you root the phone<<

What does this mean exactly? Sorry, but I'm old and a neophyte to smart phones.

MrTommy

Reaction score
Uh oh...

That "Incredible" does look incredible. But then, in MY case I think it's just because it's new. Everything new (well, almost everything) looks cool and sexy. It's got great features too - if they all work.

Buuuuuut, I've had my Droid about seven months now and I'm loving it.

My wife, who droned on for weeks about how big and bulky and unruly it was, and how she didn't need any of that computer stuff, stepped up to a Droid last weekend (dragged kicking and screaming to the "Smart Phone" display at Verizon). So after some prodding by the Verizon girl (and, ahem, me), she bit the bullet and got a Droid. Now you'd think she'd been itching to get one all that time she was waiting for her upgrade date. She absolutely LOVES it and doesn't know how she ever lived with "that other phone" (an LG enV2). Cracks me up. But now it's more fun around the house because we can compare cool stuff we've discovered.

I'm wondering if she would have gone for the Incredible if it had been out for sale when she got her Droid. Too late now - we're a two Droid family.:biggrin:

MrTommy

Reaction score
Whoa!!!!!

Uh oh, do a quick search here on the forum for anything "root" and you'll find plenty. The moderator(s) will draw and quarter you (and the rest of us) if that topic comes up here in this thread. :hail:

rut3556

Reaction score
Will do.... thanks!

Uh oh, do a quick search here on the forum for anything "root" and you'll find plenty. The moderator(s) will draw and quarter you (and the rest of us) if that topic comes up here in this thread. :hail:[/QUOTE]

mjs31

Reaction score

Uh oh, do a quick search here on the forum for anything "root" and you'll find plenty. The moderator(s) will draw and quarter you (and the rest of us) if that topic comes up here in this thread. :hail:

LOL...very true

peterjariel

Reaction score
So did any one see the 39.99 dollar monthly charge for the Nation wide talk web and email. What is that? Is that ontop of the 29.99 for the data plan?

peterjariel

Reaction score
My wife is kind of pissed off cause she has the Eris still with 1.5 she's hoping to still get the 2.1.

joesaksx

Reaction score
My wife is overdue for an upgrade. She doesn't care about phones so I'm thinking I need both. When get tired of mu Droid I will just switch them. Although I've had my Droid since Nov and I'm still not tired of it. :)

jonbar87

Reaction score
Can't believe nobody's addressed the processor yet. I know it's a 1ghz snapdragon processor, but is it the same processor (ARM v7 Cortex A8) that's in the droid but is just overclocked? or is it a completely different processor that we'll be able to overclock to more than 1.3ghz?

MrTommy

Reaction score
My wife is overdue for an upgrade. She doesn't care about phones so I'm thinking I need both. I've had my Droid since Nov and I'm still not tired of it. :)

Don't know if you saw my earlier post, but my wife was the same way. Total ambivalence towards the phone thing - until it came time to upgrade. Now she's a Droidian - and obsessed with it. This cracks me up. :icon_ lala: