Motorola Droid X2 available online May 19th!

REARless

Reaction score
I just traded in my DroidX for the Thunderbolt. I get my phone free because of my job so money is not the issue here. I really liked the DX rooted running Liberty.

However, I would serious consider the Thunderbolt before the DX2. The LTE speeds are incredible. Speedtest.net show speeds of 19.5Mbps!! That is TWICE what I get with Wifi and over 6 times more speed than 3G. (I get 3Mbps when I back the T-Bolt down to 3G.) It really makes the phone a laptop replacement for me. Keep your tablet too.

Secondly the Thunderbolt has a front facing camera for Skype. I am using this all of the time with my kids when I travel.

Drawbacks of the Thunderbolt are yes, it does chew through battery. The extended battery definitely gets you through a whole day without a charge but it turns your sleek smartphone into a clunky, heavy brick. But if I am going to be in the office all day I just put the regular battery in and leave it charging on my desk. Also I dislike Sense more than Blur but there is no bootloader lock on the HTC so it is easy to load ROMS and kernels.

I guess my point is why go with a DX2 if it doesn't have LTE or a front facing camera. Stick with the first DX. I really don't think the processor will give you much performance over the first DX

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i dont see why ppl complain about not having LTE capabilities. 3g is still out there and its nationwide. on the other hand LTE 4g is NOT nationwide YET.

biglipps66

Reaction score
After going with the TB I couldnt go back to a non 4G phone. I will definitely buy the next dual core, HD screen 4G phone though HANDS DOWN.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Dilemma....

Besides the goodies that comes with these phones, I need a phone that can steadily stream the Amazon Cloud Player. My OG Droid just can't do it for some reason and I'm not really sure why. Would this phone suffice?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
My opinion...this is a great phone for those people coming to Verizon and who are also not in 4G areas. The lack of a FFC is a non-point, if that is a deal breaker, go buy a different phone that has one, but doesn't have the actual build quality of this Moto device..arguably one of the toughest of the smartphone crowd.

Locked bootloader is also a moot point as %98 of the population has no idea what a bootloader is or why it needs to be unlocked. Same thing with MotoBlur...in GB, Blur is actually smoother and more functional than in Froyo...normal consumers just think it is Android...same as Sense on HTC devices...they have no clue they can change it or actually do away with it.

This phone will sell, and it will sell well I would imagine, based on the sales of the OG DX...

Sent from my GB'd Droid X

the3dolla

Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure that the accessories for the X will work with the X2? Other than that they look the same, so they should work. Amazon has a nice combo pack for $50. Guess if not, we'll know more by tomorrow, if there are other accessories released.

leonozug

Reaction score
I'm definitely getting one. When this thing gets a custom gingerbread rom and is overclocked, probably getting 3000 plus in the quadrant, all those who said they wouldn't buy it WILL. You'll see...:)

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
After a lot of debating, i think its safe to say that im going to pull the plug on getting an X2. I wish they would have up'd the RAM a little, but i think it'll hang tough. The new blur looks nice, but we'll see if it RUNS nice! Should know tomorrow. My droid 1 is very sad.

music life

Reaction score
im gonna wait till the 28th. here what people gotta say.

then go to vzw and get the charge and X2 side by side and make my choice. but chances are im also gonna get this. then just figure out how to do all the things yall are talking about. lol

yellar

Reaction score
From what I read about the HTC Sensation its got a locked bootloader and they don't think it will be possible to unlock it, which to me means HTC and Moto are locking down phones and they may have this X locked down tight enough you won't be able to do anything with it. Which If you don't care about having a stock bloat filled device I guess your not worried. I am really wondering about how hard its going to be to root or if its possible at all.

cananot

Reaction score
I'm with rearless on this one.I want one but like other post said 98% of the people don't even know what roms and rooted mean and there gonna sell fast as for 4g heck 3g isn't going anywhere and its everywhere it be a long wait in a lot of places before 4g gets there and there is talk about a bootable one later this year well I rather wait for that cause I'm a rom Guy always changing and always changing my themes

Sent from da Droid X liberty 2.0.1

the3dolla

Reaction score
What do you guys think of buying it through 611? I see they took away free overnight shipping, I wonder what the chances are at getting free overnight shipping over the phone.

Or do you think this is straight online only?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure that the accessories for the X will work with the X2? Other than that they look the same, so they should work. Amazon has a nice combo pack for $50. Guess if not, we'll know more by tomorrow, if there are other accessories released.
Seeing as the only physical change in the casing is the Physical Camera button, which is on the opposite side where all mounts and cradles attach, I dont see why there would be any issues between the DX and the DX2...

zone 5

Reaction score
What do you guys think of buying it through 611? I see they took away free overnight shipping, I wonder what the chances are at getting free overnight shipping over the phone.

Or do you think this is straight online only?

I just ordered mine on line, and its very specific that it has FREE overnight shipping.

However, you had to check the box with a charge. The Rep was specific that CS would refund me the money tomorrow.