Droid Incredible Overheating Issues: Results

IncredibleChick

Reaction score
Hey all,

As many of you are aware, there are some pretty serious issues with the Droid Incredible as of late. Many of the first Incredibles (it seems the early ones) have some overheating issues, apparently related to the battery overheating.

The second issue is relating to the recent software update, 3.26.605.1. After the install, many users report constant crashing of almost all of their apps, usually an immediate Force Close upon launch. The accepted resolution for this is a full factory reset. This still doesn't resolve for some users, however, including me, where some apps like Google Maps would still Force Close.

I called VZW a few days ago and they had no idea what they were doing. They insisted that these issues weren't common and it was the first time and all that jazz. Not so much, Google it, lady. She transferred me directly to HTC. HTC indicated that both of these issues are KNOWN and COMMON. Just so ya'll know.

Verizon support today insisted I perform a SECOND factory reset. After that, it seems all the default software is working. I did not relate this to the tech, because the device has had chronic issues for months which I was hoping that an impending update would fix. Since this hasn't been the case, I insisted on a replacement anyway. He then asked me if it was still rebooting. Two minutes on the Market indicated that yes, it rebooted immediately.

After some drama (Holding the phone up to the mic while it rebooted, letting the "DROID" sound echo into the phone, then quoting Agent Smith: "Do you hear that sound, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability.") and some polite anger ("Ok, now replace the damn thing!"), I also insisted that since HTC indicated to me during a support call that the batteries have defects, that it should be replaced under warranty. He said because it was beyond the normal one year, he normally couldn't, but he did anyway because I had the extended warranty on the phone, and because of the chronic issues I was having.

Last edited:

david14807

Reaction score
Blah blah blah, the grass is always greener...

I have tried a ton of different ROMs. I haven't had issues that I haven't created myself. I have had a few DIncs.

JCR

Reaction score
reboots and freezes

I'm getting random reboots when in navigation on my HTC incredible. I never had this problem before this month. Two times in the last three months the phone has locked up and I had to pull the battery to eliminate the problem. I've also pulled the battery once or twice after I got a reboot to check the contacts. The battery was never hot when I pulled it.

The phones over a year old and I never had the problem before.

OP
IncredibleChick

IncredibleChick

Reaction score
SCR - it seems to me that this is a developing issue. Mine didn't do it at first either. Now it does it with almost everything. It's ridiculous.

YSHDT

Reaction score
Purchased my DInc in December of 10. I've had the overheating issue since about a month after purchase but I had found that in most cases it was due to an app.

Hoe Tribe

YSHDT

Reaction score
...damn submit. Anyway. After I had rooted (just over a month now) I have not had my battery overheat but I have had it get to 116° and these situations have occurred because of sitting in the car in 100° weather while fooling around on my phone/ games and web browsing. Lately I have been getting the FC of my launcher pro immediately after a reboot every time. I'm hesitant to say it's more the phone than an app. I believe the issue may be from possibly a misshap with Script manager. While I like the app more than I care for a one time fc after reboot I dont see a huge reason to mess with things. But eventually I am sure I will remove the app to see if FC occurs still.

Hoe Tribe

OP
IncredibleChick

IncredibleChick

Reaction score
...damn submit. Anyway. After I had rooted (just over a month now) I have not had my battery overheat but I have had it get to 116° and these situations have occurred because of sitting in the car in 100° weather while fooling around on my phone/ games and web browsing. Lately I have been getting the FC of my launcher pro immediately after a reboot every time. I'm hesitant to say it's more the phone than an app. I believe the issue may be from possibly a misshap with Script manager. While I like the app more than I care for a one time fc after reboot I dont see a huge reason to mess with things. But eventually I am sure I will remove the app to see if FC occurs still.

Hoe Tribe

Well, I'll try rooting my phone if this occurs again and just see what happens then. I kinda wanted to avoid it, because as much as I'm a power fueled admin in my PC work, I just want my phone to game, surf, watch, and call, and I want it to do it well. If rooting increases stability, so be it.

cris

Reaction score
iv got a few threads about this phone with my issues, and like you have stated i have too heard that same old bs, from verizon, i actually had a tech tell me, "if you google you will find lots of people saying there having the same problems", but we haven't heard of it, and she stated she has the phone and has no problems. im on my 6th replacement one now i got the lady to note that if i return this one for them to get me a different model, not holding my breath on that. i tried emailing htc about it and seemed to me i was talking to a robot usuing a script, all they would notice is the battery problem, and not the constant reboots thru out the day. im trying to buy a droid x now but there going for alot.