Droid Incredible Overheating

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by NJS, Sep 6, 2011.

1. NJS

NJS New Member

All,

I apologize in advance if this question/problem has been addressed in a previous thread.

I have had my Droid Incredible since it's release. At present, I'm noticing that the battery is overheating. As a result it shuts down and reboots on its own. This cycle continues to occur unless I take out the battery. I've recently downloaded an App that monitors the battery temperature and it spikes to temperatures > 100 degrees Fahrenheit when I browse the web or use a news application on my phone. What is an acceptable range for battery temperatures?

I have not rooted the phone nor am I running ATK or any anti-virus applications. I've initiated several factory resets since this problem began and VZW offered no worthy advice.

Any thoughts on how I should proceed? I'm hesitant to contact the phone insurance company because I'd hate to spend $100 to receive a refurbished Incredible when that money can be set aside for my last phone upgrade.

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.

-Nick
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

I don't know the acceptable range for battery temperatures, but is it the same battery since the day you got it?

You could try to grab a new battery and see if that helps. They're fairly cheap too, check amazon, I bought one a couple weeks back for roughly $5.30
  3. NJS

NJS New Member

Yes, it's the same battery since the release in April 2010. I'll see if that addresses the issue but I remain skeptical.
  4. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Might be some sort of placebo effect, but when I put in my new battery I felt my phone didn't get as warm. What I have noticed is the significant difference in how long my battery lasts though, so in a way, it's a win-win. You might solve your overheating problem and get a better battery life as well
  5. cris

cris Member

the overheating is a common issue, mine does it too, iv replaced the battery and the had the phone replaced 6 times for other issues. the one i have now, it resets 3 to 5 times a day at random, and it does get hot when on the net or playing games.
  6. Pianoman178

Pianoman178 New Member

I believe I'm having the exact same issue as you. I've had the phone for over a year and it just started maybe a month ago.

I've been monitoring my battery and haven't seen it get above 41 degrees C yet. What doesn't make sense to me is that there's no error/warning/indication message that tells me it's overheating. It just reboots whenever it wants.

I ordered a new battery from amazon. I'll see if that solves the problem...
Search tags for this page
android inspire overheat, how to restart
droid incredible 2 battery overheating

droid incredible 2 overheating

droid incredible overheat
droid incredible overheat restart

droid incredible overheating

how to tell if my droid incredible 2 is overheating
htc droid incredible 2 battery overheating
htc droid incredible 2 overheating
htc droid incredible heat solve
htc incredible battery overheating