Overheating ALOT!

papat912

Reaction score
I had a temperature app awhile back that kept telling me that "your battery is over heating" when the battery reached 108 degrees or higher. I replaced the battery ( a 2750 mah" with another one just like it with the same temperature message. I then went to a Verizon store and the guy there deleted my app and I have not had that problem for about 4 months now. I believe that a sence of worth is built into the app, they all may be that way.
My two cents worth.

OP
V

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I'm using GSAM, it's the best I've found yet.

To update this, I got a new battery and sim card. In the second phone (raised glass one) it was still getting really hot (117 in under 10 minutes), and more 4g drops than before. Got another phone today (that makes number 3) had to restart it twice to finally get the sim card recognized, then the 4g icon was there, but web pages wouldn't load, so I tried turning the network off and back on. Now it just sits there saying "Turning on..." This is just getting annoying at this point, guess I'll be going back to Verizon again if I can't get this working. :frown:

Edit: Turned the phone off and back on, and now I'm getting the sim card warning about turn the phone off and back on. Yay! for errors.
Okay, that went away, but the mobile network still says "Turning on..."

Last edited:
OP
V

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Guess I'll be leaving you guys in a few days. Went in there today, the lady didn't even do anything, just called tech. support and handed me the phone. After talking with them for like 15 minutes, they decided to get me a galaxy nexus. He first offered a Razr, but I hate those, so thin and light. Besides, my wife has one anyway. I was trying to get the s3, but he said that was too new. I told him it was the same specs, but they gotta be similar release dates.

papat912

Reaction score
This helped me when my phones battery acted up, from and old post that allowed you to do a hard reset with loosing your data.

To get phone service and stop never ending boot cycle:

*#*#4636#*#*

Place a check by CDMA Auto

It worked for my after the temp check app was uninstalled.

Let me know what happens.

PapaT

OP
V

VooDooCC

Reaction score
When I try that, on the final * the whole number goes away. If I try typing it in, the same thing happens.

feralchick

Reaction score
I'm using GSAM, it's the best I've found yet.

To update this, I got a new battery and sim card. In the second phone (raised glass one) it was still getting really hot (117 in under 10 minutes), and more 4g drops than before. Got another phone today (that makes number 3) had to restart it twice to finally get the sim card recognized, then the 4g icon was there, but web pages wouldn't load, so I tried turning the network off and back on. Now it just sits there saying "Turning on..." This is just getting annoying at this point, guess I'll be going back to Verizon again if I can't get this working. :frown:

Edit: Turned the phone off and back on, and now I'm getting the sim card warning about turn the phone off and back on. Yay! for errors.
Okay, that went away, but the mobile network still says "Turning on..."

I feel your pain...replacements 1-4 either overheated (132 while idle and charging) or ran too hot for comfort (plus other issues). My last Rezound slowly went psycho after the ICS update. Last 2 factory resets i was also getting network "turning on" and no connection.

I gave up on this phone. I wanted to love this phone. I think its a great phone but just too inconsistent. I just swapped for an S3 with fingers crossed that this doesn't have major issues. (think i managed this because its my 9th replacement phone starting with 3 Bionic desk clocks)

Hope your new phone serves you well

OP
V

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Thanks, I really did want to love this phone too. I don't know if it makes me feel better or worse to know that I wasn't alone. My brother and my dad have a Thunderbolt and Evo 4g respectively, though they are used more as mp3 player/gaming devices. Hoping it was just this phone and not a reflection of their other devices.