Droid Incredible 2 Terrible Signal / Service.... need help.

Csummerlin15

Reaction score
Long Story short..... Had a Droid Incredible 2 since June 2011. No problems with it at all. Dropped it on the driveway, cracked the digitizer. Stupidly tried to fix that myself by ordering new digitizer and taking apart to replace. Ended up breaking the LCD display and cracked the bottom of the Mother Board. Phone no good. Bought another Droid Incredible 2 from a guy. Clean and cleared ESN.... Both on Verizon Network.

Activated the phone for my #. Put my Memory card in there. Also had the global SIM card or what ever it is in my old Droid, so I put that in the new one (used, but new for me). Shouldn't have any effect on it as long as my network is on CDMA right ???

Anyway....phone works fine from every aspect except my signal is terrible. I've made a phone call or two and sent a few texts.....and it all went through, but the phone calls both me and the person on the other end can barely hear each other....it cuts in and out bad. Every now and then I'll have good 3G signal with 3-4 bars....for a few seconds.... But 99% of the time I have 1G barely with no bars at all and sometimes it will even show the x where the signal should be. Can't access internet, Google Play Store, download anything, etc.....

Current software is 2.3.3
HTC Sense version is 2.1

I remember my old Droid Inc. 2 having a 2.3.4 software...... as does my wifes Incredible.

I've searched and searched and can't seem to find this exact problem anywhere. If I can't figure it out then I will take it to the Verizon Store I guess to get it looked at or something.....

Anybody able to shed some light???

Thanks.

Edit: Forgot to mention that when I started the phone up to activate it, the 1st time I started the activation process it said something about Verizon Wireless...like a welcome or something.... I stopped the activation because I couldn't remember a PIN I needed. The 2nd time I started the activation process it said something about US Cellular. ???? Stopped that process and restarted and it went back to saying Verizon.... ?????

Last edited:
OP
C

Csummerlin15

Reaction score
Nevermind...... Phone ended up doing some crazy stuff all on its own. Took it back to the guy, he gave me a refund in full.... With that being said. Anybody have a Droid Incredible 2 in perfect working condition for Verizon they want to sell ??? Doesn't have to be flawless on the outside. As long as its working perfect and everything is cleared and ready to go..... I need a new one.

phonetool

Reaction score
Well, I was going to suggest looking at the battery cover, because that's where the antenna is. There are two tiny electrical connections under there.

Hope you find a good phone!
I got one on Craigslist a couple months ago but wound up being bitten by a bad ESN. I got another from Amazon for $0.01 with a re-up of my contract.

-CM7 on DInc2