Incredible 2 not reading memory card

hawkeye58

Reaction score
A few days ago I dropped my Incredible 2 and shattered the glass. I received a new one and promptly activated it. Once activated, I turned it off, took out the SD card from the original phone and put it in the new one. The new Incredible doesn't see the card at all. What am I doing wrong?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm might've damaged it in the fall. You can stick it in a card reader and use your PC to format it fat32. It will wipe everything though. If the card reader/PC pick it up just move everything to your PC first and then format.

EVoorhees

Reaction score
I heard this happens quite often. The Mini SD card could be damaged like Droid-Xer said. The contacts (or the gold-like lines) could be damaged. Or the SD card itself could be damaged.

KThomas25

Reaction score
If you put it in the card reader and can verify the files on it, would that not mean the card was ok?

I have a free app called SD Rescan. As for me, I think I would put the card in, restart my phone, then use the app. But I'm no expert and you may have already tried something similar. And it may be damaged, but if it is damaged how could reformat fix that?

Sent from here with my phone, y'all.