Droid - Incoming call quality is bad, outgoing fine.

Mixist

Reaction score
Well just as the title says, I'm getting poor incoming call quality. The caller sounds choppy and digitized. My outgoing calls to the same number sound fine however. Having the problem about 60% of the time with random incoming calls from different people.

I took my Droid in to the Verizon store and the girl helping me guaranteed me it was the apps I loaded. So she reset the phone, but I'm still getting the same issues with no new apps installed.

I told the girl (who was all of 20 years old) that there aren't that many things that are a guarantee in life... seems I was right. I've only had the phone for 2 weeks so I could exchange it for another.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

misfit

Reaction score
I bet most users have not seen this problem.

I am curious about which apps you may have loaded to cause this.

And if I were you, I would take it back to the store and return it. I would try to return it verses swapping it for another Droid, that way if you decide to get the Droid again you will have a full two weeks to decide if it is working.

OP
Mixist

Mixist

Reaction score

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Trust me, it's not the apps. Like I said, the Verizon employee reset my phone and with no news apps installed it still does it. There are many complaints of poor sound quality issues on the Droid:

Motorola DROID - Poor Incoming Audio / Voice Quality - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/16215?tstart=30

This droid has to go back. Hopefully it will get worked out.

It's probably just an issue with your particular droid. Here is a thread that deals with your issue somewhat. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/8142-verizon-tech-here-ask-away.html

Scroll down to Common Tech Solutions and Tips

OP
Mixist

Mixist

Reaction score
Thanks, I did what Viperboy said and so far so good. I haven't had many incoming calls today but no sound issues either... (crosses fingers)