outgoing call quality

granitemon

Reaction score
This issue may very well be posted in another area, but I couldn't find it. Forgive me if I'm opening a redundant issue.

We live in a rural area, so our signal strength hangs by a shoestring. I've noticed that when I'm in the house and on a call, I can hear the person on the other end just fine. But when its my turn to talk, I'm told I'm hard to understand. This has happened using the phone normally, using speaker, and using bluetooth, so I know its not the mic. on the phone. Also, I've experienced this through several droids, (have had 3 replacements due to other issues.)

My hang up is, I know I get a crappy signal at home, but why is it a unilateral problem. If I have no problem hearing someone else, but they can't hear me, that seems to be less of a connection/signal issue.

Also, I've tried switching the phone between evrc and evrc-b.

Any input would be great.

Mark

casbren

Reaction score
Same issues here. Outgoing voice quality is hard to understand. My signal quality is good. Hope to hear some feedback.

spudbrown79

Reaction score
Same issues here. Outgoing voice quality is hard to understand. My signal quality is good. Hope to hear some feedback.

Agreed -- my signal quality is great, but have been told numerous times by numerous callers that I sound muffled and distant. Occasionally I hear an echo. Am afraid to try to switch the EVRC settings since there are also warnings of being "bricked" which doesn't sound good. I'm chalking it up to poor sound quality on the droid.