droid headphone jack broke no customer service...

searayman

Reaction score
My droid headphone jack broke and no one will help me, has anyone had any luck with best buy mobile and can maybe give me some pointers on how i can get some help

crazyjoker2

Reaction score
I'm interested how this will turn out with all the threads on here about asurion. Mebey vz will swap it for you.

WhiskeySix

Reaction score
I had the same problem... jack was acting flakey when running - audio would cut out.

I couldn't reproduce the problem at the Verizon store (so they wouldn't give me an on-the-spot replacement), but they said to call customer service directly (*611), and they would cross-ship one.

Sure enough, they sent me a new (refurb) droid, I swapped out the battery, battery-cover, and memory card, and sent the old broken one back in!

bje1982

Reaction score
My droid headphone jack broke and no one will help me, has anyone had any luck with best buy mobile and can maybe give me some pointers on how i can get some help

That in most cases would have to be replaced by insurance and not warranty unless you get a good rep..

Warranty doesnt cover physical damage.

WhiskeySix

Reaction score
It has a 1yr mfr. warranty... so if there's no obvious sign of abuse or mishandling, Verizon will replace it even if you don't have insurance.... So as long as your headphone jack doesn't have a piece of sharp metal broken off in there, you're probably fine :)

dolpns13

Reaction score

That in most cases would have to be replaced by insurance and not warranty unless you get a good rep..

how is that physical damage if the jack doesnt work? It would be the same issue as if the keyboard stopped working.. Physical damage would be a cracked screen or whatnot. A headphone jack not working is an internal technical issue with the phone

JMU_Droid

Reaction score
I had this exact same problem. I bought my phone from Best Buy Mobile, no insurance or anything, and the AUX jack was messed up. I took it to Verizon and they replaced it, no questions asked.

ricks

Reaction score

A jack broken is under warranty, DO NOT USE INSURANCE, no matter what they say.

bje1982

Reaction score

A jack broken is under warranty, DO NOT USE INSURANCE, no matter what they say.

Oh you must work for Verizon?

dolpns13

Reaction score
It is covered under warranty... My dare (biggest POS phone I have ever owned) stopped charging due to a failure with the power cord adaptor and they replaced my dare. from what I assume, it is the same issue as what you are experiencing except with your jack.

bje1982

Reaction score
It is covered under warranty... My dare (biggest POS phone I have ever owned) stopped charging due to a failure with the power cord adaptor and they replaced my dare. from what I assume, it is the same issue as what you are experiencing except with your jack.

Only if there is no physical damage present. If you broke it you would need insurance. In the OPs case he wasnt very clear except to say it broke. And that is why i said "usually" it would have to go through insurance. 9 times out of 10 with charging ports it shows physical damage or "wear and tear" which is not covered under warranty. I am not saying that you made that up but a big portion of it is the rep you get in the warranty dept.

ricks

Reaction score

Only if there is no physical damage present. If you broke it you would need insurance. In the OPs case he wasnt very clear except to say it broke. And that is why i said "usually" it would have to go through insurance. 9 times out of 10 with charging ports it shows physical damage or "wear and tear" which is not covered under warranty. I am not saying that you made that up but a big portion of it is the rep you get in the warranty dept.

The jack is in the phone, if it does not work it is defective. If it is broken from wear , it should not have worn out so fast, its defective, under warranty. Verizon likes to try and make people go thru insurance for wrong reasons. Dont fall for it.