Droid Froze and then displayed 12/31/09 Date

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been having issues with Home++ not getting along with my Droid Dock, so last night I did a factory reset. This morning I was setting up some of my apps and one of the apps I wanted to get was the Fox News widget. I went to install it and it displayed the top news story. I clicked on it and nothing happened, it froze up on me. I kept hitting the "Home" button and finally it went back but that's when I realized the date was displaying 12/31/09 at about 7:00 p.m. I had no choice but do another factory reset with the phone this morning. I have absolutely no idea what happened, but since about noon today it's been fine since the factory reset.

Dr. Tenma

Reaction score
Sounds like an app problem, not your phone. It could be the Fox News app isn't working with some of your other apps or you're using too much memory. I suggest getting Taskiller or Advanced Task Killer and making more memory available, then retrying it.

Which apps do you have installed?

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an app problem, not your phone. It could be the Fox News app isn't working with some of your other apps or you're using too much memory. I suggest getting Taskiller or Advanced Task Killer and making more memory available, then retrying it.

Which apps do you have installed?
I'd used that same Fox News widget before. I hadn't had a chance to reinstall Taskiller. In fact I had very few applications even on the phone when this happened, that's the weirdest part of it all. I'm watching very closely to see if it happens again - hope it's just one of those one time things.

vatothe0

Reaction score
I'm going to say ... user error no matter what it is!

lol Just kidding. I wouldn't trust that Fox News widget though. Probably corrupt your phone with some sensationalist right wing propaganda.

I would check out Panda Home and see if it clears up.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say ... user error no matter what it is!

lol Just kidding. I wouldn't trust that Fox News widget though. Probably corrupt your phone with some sensationalist right wing propaganda.

I would check out Panda Home and see if it clears up.

The guy with 1 post is the smart one. So that's how it goes.

I've had more problems with Panda, GDE and Home++ that I'm just going to put up with the stock Home for a bit until these developers get their act together and make something truly stable. I just wish we had 4 screens instead of only 3. Oh well. I've found also that Google Voice and Panda, GDE and Home++ don't seem to like each other either.

Seriously, glad to see you found this site and actually listened to a right winger for once. It's the best Droid site out there.

bbcrackman

Reaction score
I too have had issues with Home++. It has frozen on me more than once. Even when it was the only app I had installed (I was determining what was causing the issue) So now I run either GDE or the stock Home Screen. I can say I have had no issues with the stock screen. I believe that in time these Home replacements will develop is to great apps but for now they are all a little buggy on the 2.0 firmware