Droid 1 display error

juanramirez1

Reaction score
Got my Droid off Ebay in April of last year brand new. No issues till now, a couple days ago the homescreen randomly glitched out and froze, it looked like 3-4 screens got toppled onto each other. Restarted and it was fine. Now last night I go to wake it up and it lights up, but it's all blank, however I can unlock it still. Touchscreen works, and haptic feedback works. Took the battery out, worked fine. It started again a few hours later, then I drained the battery completely and recharged to full and I thought it was fixed. Today it's been off and on when it wants to work.

Googled around and haven't heard of this issue where touchscreen works but nothing is displayed.. if this were a PC I would say the video card went bad or needs a driver update or something. My only options here are either fix it or get a new phone, I'd like to squeeze a bit more life out of it while I can. Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Haven't tried a factory reset.. if anyone thinks it has a good chance at helping I'll definitely try.

OP
J

juanramirez1

Reaction score
Factory reset and it started having the issue on the activation screen...

I found though that if I open the slider half an inch or so the screen comes on every single time. If I open it anywhere past that or not at all it will simply refuse to display anything now... so I'm guessing it's a hardware issue, maybe a wire in the slider connecting the two halves of the phone or something. Either way it looks like I'm SOL :( needed a new phone anyway I guess...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could be the ribbon cable connecting the screen to the rest of the phone for sure.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk