Can this Display be Fixed?

mrtrumpet

Reaction score
I know, stupid me, but even though I thought I did everything right when buying a Moto Droid 1 (a855) for an xmas present on Craig's List it appears maybe not. I went to a Verizon store with the seller, the guy there checked it out, ESN OK, etc. And he powered it up, switched it to my Verizon account, made calls, and all seemed fine. So I bought it. Got it home. Played with is. It was tough to get the screen to display but, after a while of fooling with the power button the display came up. Turned wi-fi on. DLed a few things from the market,etc.

My wife took it to Verizon yesterday to get it switched from her Eris, which isn't working. The damn thing wouldn't display again. Salesperson tried a new battery (as I have) but nothing. I can't get it to display now either. The bottom icon lights come on. The green light on top blinks. It makes the Droid sound and there is synaptic feedback sometimes.

Any idea what might be happening and/or if it can be fixed?

Thanks

Dave

E1337Hax

Reaction score
I know, stupid me, but even though I thought I did everything right when buying a Moto Droid 1 (a855) for an xmas present on Craig's List it appears maybe not. I went to a Verizon store with the seller, the guy there checked it out, ESN OK, etc. And he powered it up, switched it to my Verizon account, made calls, and all seemed fine. So I bought it. Got it home. Played with is. It was tough to get the screen to display but, after a while of fooling with the power button the display came up. Turned wi-fi on. DLed a few things from the market,etc.

My wife took it to Verizon yesterday to get it switched from her Eris, which isn't working. The damn thing wouldn't display again. Salesperson tried a new battery (as I have) but nothing. I can't get it to display now either. The bottom icon lights come on. The green light on top blinks. It makes the Droid sound and there is synaptic feedback sometimes.

Any idea what might be happening and/or if it can be fixed?

Thanks

Dave
Dave,

It seems there is something wrong with this screen internally, im not sure if the user would be able to fix this or at least without breaking warranty(which means verizon wouldnt take it anyway) so if anything else went wrong you would be stuck.