droid bionic

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I think I'll be happy with mine for a few years.. :)

I'm sure. I had no issues with mine at all. But as I already stated I have a disease. LOL If the Razr/Maxx never came out I would still have the Bionic.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was big on bashing on and complaining about the Bionic. I even got vzw to send me a Rezound. Right before I sent the Bionic back, I saw that there was an update available. Took the update and have had a great time ever since. I have my choice of Rezound or Bionic and prefer the Bionic because it's a GREAT phone!

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
??? I would rather keep my Bionic over any of those!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Faintestidea

Reaction score
Im not bashing those that own the razr, i just know a few women at work who own it and no males own it

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Bionic is a great device it just got shafted by its release. Motorola phones have generally been the most stable. Unfortunately Motorola still had not worked out the 4g data issues in the software. That compounded with the soon release of the RAZR which is essentially the same phone except:

1) It looked newer and "cooler" to the major consumer market that is used to a certain smartphone without a removable battery.

2) The data bugs had largely been worked out. Mostly this was just because of Motorola's experience with Gingerbread by this point.

3) They used the same processor except they used the better higher rated ones from the production line (the ones certified for 1.2 GHz). Whereas only some Bionic processors were able to handle the 1.2 clocking.

4) They refreshed Gingerbread for the RAZR and added Smart Actions so while it wasn't Ice Cream Sandwich, it didn't feel dated and stale.

The Bionic is a good value if you can get one. Especially since I hear the data issues were fixed. And now that Ice Cream Sandwich is imminent it'll be really nice.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bionic is a great device it just got shafted by its release. Motorola phones have generally been the most stable. Unfortunately Motorola still had not worked out the 4g data issues in the software. That compounded with the soon release of the RAZR which is essentially the same phone except:

1) It looked newer and "cooler" to the major consumer market that is used to a certain smartphone without a removable battery.

I remember the ads emphasized that the RAZR was "thin." Like advertising a car saying that it's a great car because it's red. The Maxx ads emphasized that it had the longest talk time. Better, but not showing what the phone could do.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
aaf709 said:
I remember the ads emphasized that the RAZR was "thin." Like advertising a car saying that it's a great car because it's red. The Maxx ads emphasized that it had the longest talk time. Better, but not showing what the phone could do.

You gotta remember who the ads are targeted at.
They don't care about the people who browse this and similar forums. We're not going to be persuaded by advertisements. And we're not a large enough consumer base to warrant added advertising expenditure.

Most consumer goods aren't advertised by technical specifications. You used the car analogy so I'll continue using that:

-Yes in car commercials they mention miles per gallon.
- Yes they mention warranties.
- They occasionally mention horsepower and engine size.

But what do they close with?

- They make the car seem cool.
- They tell you how sleek it is.
- They tell you, "yeah it does this (what all other cars do) but why not look like a bad ass while you do it?"

Why do all truck commercials have a grizzly sounding man drawling out "when life hits hard, the -insert truck model- keeps trucking"? Because it sounds manly and cool.

Everyone knows smartphones can do cool stuff.

Everyone who cares knows the spec difference between the phones.

Commercials are intended to be subliminal propaganda not informative PSAs