Bionic is discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
To be clear, just because sales are discontinued, that doesn't mean support will be. I think we will still see ICS for our Bionic.

Notafan

Reaction score
You may be jumping the gun. The Bionic will be discontinued threads have been around since November. I just called two local stores and the 800 number and they said the Bionic is not being discontinued and that there is no news to that effect anywhere on Verizon. Not saying your wrong but I am sure not sure you are right.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
You may be jumping the gun. The Bionic will be discontinued threads have been around since November. I just called two local stores and the 800 number and they said the Bionic is not being discontinued and that there is no news to that effect anywhere on Verizon. Not saying your wrong but I am sure not sure you are right.

I'm just posting what I was told by Verizon employees at a authorized retail store. I'm simply the messenger.

Sent from my BIONIC out in the boonies of TN while picking a guitar!

mikespe

Reaction score
Usually a phone will make it a year before being discontinued...has anyone checked the motorola forums to see what's being said there?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just posting what I was told by Verizon employees at a authorized retail store. I'm simply the messenger.

While you could be right, we've seen posts saying that the 5.7.893 and 5.8.894 updates were official based on conversations with techs. And when I had the LG Voyager I asked at an authorized Verizon retail store if I activated VCast (a TV-like feature that would add $10/month) by phone would I be charged the full amount or would I automatically be changed to the special data plan which would discount it. They said yes and they were wrong.

Looking at threads here I've come to the conclusion that talking to Motorola and Verizon is like using a Magic 8 Ball. Just because you ask the same question doesn't guarantee you'll always get the same answer.

Last edited:

Notafan

Reaction score
Checked with Verizon again today. No one has heard of that. Additionally, if they were going to drop it, they would just drop it. They wouldn't sell out their back inventory of a phone that they didn't want to sell. Tell me exactly what store you went in that told you that and I will call them.

Notafan

Reaction score
I went to a VZW authorized store today and asked about the Bionic and was informed it was discontinued and VZW would keep selling until the stock is gone.

Exactly which Verizon Store?

Fonzz

Reaction score
A "Verizon Store" and every single one of the employees within are always right.

and if you believe that, I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you. :D

There, They're, Their, choose with care...

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
A "Verizon Store" and every single one of the employees within are always right.

and if you believe that, I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you. :D

There, They're, Their, choose with care...

You'll throw the Golden Gate in free right? lol. Again I'm just relaying what I was told nothing more. I don't know if it's really discontinued or not.

Notafan

Reaction score
You'll throw the Golden Gate in free right? lol. Again I'm just relaying what I was told nothing more. I don't know if it's really discontinued or not.

Just let me know which store, by address or phone number so that I can call them.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Well, I am not shocked that you won't give it to me so I can call them and confirm what you said.

Call if you want. It's not a secret. A member here at DF already said a CORPORATE store told him/her the same thing. The company (American Cellular) has loads of stores across several states. Mostly in the south. Like I said. I'm just going off what they told me. Maybe you can find our more. But if you (or anyone else) wants more info I'd call Verizon direct. Speak with a Tech or Supervisor.

1. McMinnville
633 North Chancery Road, MC MINNVILLE, TN 37110
(931) 506-5211

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.