Bionic is discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmguy

Reaction score
Bionic is discontinued? Says VZW store.

I went to a VZW authorized store today and asked about the Bionic and was informed it was discontinued and VZW would keep selling until the stock is gone.

Sent from my BIONIC out in the boonies of TN while picking a guitar!

Last edited:
OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Wonder what this means if a phone becomes defective? No really, honestly Motorola isn't known for greatness with this one.

Fumbles93

Reaction score
Well if it's true then that sucks... I really like my bionic..

Maybe cuz of all the problems it's had they felt they should discontinue it, or possibly cuz of the similarities and possible success of the RAZR...

Idk. Hopefully this means they'll make a bionic 2 or a spiritual successor, at least

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Wonder why....

If I had to guess 2 reasons. 1 the Bionic has and still has loads of issues that may never fully get fixed. 2 the Razr and Razr Maxx have become so popular that the Bionic is no longer top dog nor being bought as much. Most companies will not sell a product if it doesn't sell well. The Razr has done so well that they made 2 new colors. Sad because the Razr line features no way to have a REAL FM radio. The Bionic does.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I'm just glad I got one before they were discontinued. I love this thing.

Fumbles93

Reaction score
I hope it doesn't disrupt the chances to get ICS tho.. That'd be even worse, imo, than the phone being discontinued...

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Now it's time for them to unlock the bootloader so we can fix it ourselves.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Didn't think of it not getting ICS. But Id say it will. Other models and makes of phones got GB LONG after they were not being sold anymore. I still wonder what will happen for us needing FRU replacements?

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I had to guess 2 reasons. 1 the Bionic has and still has loads of issues that may never fully get fixed. 2 the Razr and Razr Maxx have become so popular that the Bionic is no longer top dog nor being bought as much. Most companies will not sell a product if it doesn't sell well. The Razr has done so well that they made 2 new colors. Sad because the Razr line features no way to have a REAL FM radio. The Bionic does.

Every phone I've gotten gets discontinued (one happened one month after I got one), just the fact of life for smart phones. The Bionic came out too late to be top dog for any length of time. My Bionic never had the data problems and since I don't plan to root it, I'm sure it'll last for my contract. The Razr will probably be discontinued at some point too.

Last edited:
OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Every phone I've gotten gets discontinued, just the fact of life. The Bionic came out too late to be top dog for any length of time. My Bionic never had the data problems and since I don't plan to root it, I'm sure it'll last for my contract. The Razr will probably be discontinued at some point too.

It will. The maxx will probably take it's place. It's a case of too little too late. If it had come out when it was scheduled this would not have been so quick.

km75

Reaction score
1. If you go to Motos website you will see that the Bionic is definitely getting ICS. 2. The bionic just got an update a mere few days ago to take care of issues. So the phone at this point in time is far from being abandoned my Moto.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
1. If you go to Motos website you will see that the Bionic is definitely getting ICS. 2. The bionic just got an update a mere few days ago to take care of issues. So the phone at this point in time is far from being abandoned my Moto.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Motorola may still support it. But seems Verizon has slammed the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.