Droid 3 red eye nightmare

abccomputer

Reaction score
I have a Droid 3 that I've had for about 2 years. In the past couple of months it started getting flaky. Yesterday, I really upchucked, and wouldn't reboot, so I did a factory reset. Now it stop on the red eye. I can factory reset it, and it will boot, but only has a blank/black desktop.

it still has the standard ROM, no customization have been done. As a computer tech, it seems to me I might have failing hardware. I was really hoping to keep this phone and move it to a prepaid plan after my contract expires.

Help!

OP
A

abccomputer

Reaction score
Since it bugs the crap out of me when people don't say whether or not their issue was resolved, I wanted to post that the issue has been solved.. and this is how I did it.

Multiple factory resets did nothing but cause either the red eye or it would get to the Android wizard, and keep getting stuck. So, I downloaded Ovelayer's 5.7.906 version and flashed the ROM. Worked perfectly, and upon reboot, got the wizard to activate the phone, and everything has worked wonderfully since. I had to download all my apps again, but it beats buying a new phone.